Someone recommend me a netbook

qerkdtx

Yes, yes I know netbook's are sub par, but I actually need a smaller cheap netbook, that I can carry around in school and use for a science research project. I just need web browsing and pdf. I have absolutly no idea which one I should get. (acer aspire 1?) Please help me out. I was looking under 300$ price range. Thanks

Acer Aspire ones are nice, you can get them with standard size hard drives instead of ssds now, which makes them far better for storage. Their keyboards are alright, but the mouse button is crap.

I personally use a Dell Mini 9. It has a comfortable keyboard, a nice look (though glossy screen and lid :p), but I am a bit favorable towards Dell computers so that could just be me.

There is also the nice HP Mini Series, which I've heard had better beyboards. I've personally never used one, so I can't really give any input for that.

All netbooks generally carry the same hardware, (with an exception to the Acer Aspire One and the 10 inch netbooks.) so it really depends on your keyboard preference. Some have better storage options, and you can still find some with windows XP.

Also, be sure to actually use a 9 or 10 inch netbook before you buy one, because I've heard a lot of complaints about the screens straining the eyes. I've personally never had any problems, and I know many others that have no problems as well.

Good luck!

Specs are good. I'd say, try out the laptop at a local best buy or computer store. It should do fine for school. I've used a similar 10 inch netbook that ran windows 7 without any lag or problems.

Looks alright. Check the max RAM capibilities, because most can get up to 2GB or so, which isn't bad. Just buy the card and the netbook at once to save on shipping.

zeturi said:
Specs are good. I'd say, try out the laptop at a local best buy or computer store. It should do fine for school. I've used a similar 10 inch netbook that ran windows 7 without any lag or problems.
Was it a Dell insperon mini? My friend got one on Black Friday, and its great.

double post OHSHI-

Nah, Latitude 2100. Very nice performance, and a rubber lid rather than glossy. If it'd had XP as the OS, I would've kept it.

I have an eee pc 900ha, it works like a dream. Upgraded that bad boy to 2 gigs and it runs flash games at full speed. (Oh, and it also plays garry's mod pretty well) With winnydows 7, it's awesome.

AT&T stores have these 7" netbooks, and they look pretty sexy. Runs Windows exkspee, and the keyboard was nice (I did a little typing test with it.)

Back