Raspberry Pi

To go along with ShockSlayer's wrist computer idea, could something like this be used to build a real Pip-Boy? I remember reading about a year ago on a cosplay forum about making a replica case for the Pip-Boy. Why couldn't this be used to go the one step further?

A Raspberry Pi could be used in concert with a screen to make a real Pip-Boy, but you don't have to wait. The technology is already here. An Android or iOS PMP or smartphone could do the job easily, although the proportions may not be exactly right. The real challenge is to make the Pip-Boy application, of course.

Whatever way you do it, if you did it would be awesome.

That is an amazing idea. Especially as a platform to learn programming, the RaspPi + sensors built into an arm computer would rock. Just use the RaspPi to control the screen in conjunction with the sensors.

ShockSlayer said:
THATS MY NAME DON'T STEAL IT
*Can'tSayThisOnTV* YOU *Can'tSayThisOnTV* YOU *Can'tSayThisOnTV* YOU *Can'tSayThisOnTV* YOU LOOK AT THE NAME OF THE OLD THREAD I HAD *Can'tSayThisOnTV* YOU *Can'tSayThisOnTV* YOU *Can'tSayThisOnTV* YOU

Yeah, but the idea was the main part.
Mine was just a bad joke but I still had the idea ;_;

It doesn't make as much sense either, properly it'd be RASPAMENA DIANE PIE, because I don't remember Pinkie ever being addressed as Pinkie Diane Pie, it was always Pinkamena. Plus, I don't remember Pinkie D. Pie, or Pinkamena D. Pie.

:trollface:

Have this scene. Once I get one of these, totally decking out the OS's sounds with Pinkie sound bytes. Should be epic.

SS

I just want to know if any of you will go on a project with the raspberry pi?

Here is the link http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs

Put this in a box, hook up a nice screen and you have some really cool media player/emulator!

Just to bad that its already sold out... :wtf:

There've been threads on this before, but I should get mine eventually.

I preordered it the day of the launch, they said it'd ship out the beginning of April. I checked Newark's site last week, it's still on back order.

But once I get it I'll do some stuff. And things.

Hermaphroditus said:
There've been threads on this before, but I should get mine eventually.

I preordered it the day of the launch, they said it'd ship out the beginning of April. I checked Newark's site last week, it's still on back order.

But once I get it I'll do some stuff. And things.

Did they give you a date or something or they didnt seems to care?

Back