PSP batteries to power N64p, tell me your thoughts :)

Sonic4freedom

The True Blue Hedgehog
Okay, so I was looking at my bro's PSP (I REFUSE to own one myself :lol: ) and I saw that it is 3.7v 1200maH. Okay, so I'm thinking "Can you use 4 PSP batteries for a N64p? like, hook 2 up to double the Mah but keep the same voltage, then do another 2 the same way" then we have two 3.7v 2400maH batteries, right? Now, parallel the two packs to double the voltage and keep the maH. Now we have 7.4v 2400maH, right? If you use 6 of them (alot, I know :rolleyes: but you can remove the case off the battery and make a pretty small pack ;) ) you could even make a 7.4v 4800maH pack, right? With the 7.4v 2400maH, how long could the portable stay on for? 2 hours? Give me your thoughts, I love feedback ;)

Series=voltage increase

Parallel=mAh increase

There's some problems with this. Charging is one. Charging would be veeeeeery slow, and you'd have to hook all the cells up to just one PCB.

Your best bet is to just go with some real batteries from batteryspace or get a pcb and charger from there and use psp cells.

But if you're going to buy stuff anyway, buying a ton of psp batteries to try to use is just not practical.

non or the less it depends on you're screen this is the result with the zenith psx / xbox 2400Mah ~ 2h ,4800Mah ~ 4h

led modded screen you get 1hour extra if anyone wants to correct me please do

Snowpenguin is wrong about charging, what else is new. This still isn't a great idea though. I mean, if you already have it, cool, go for it. There are much more economical solutions though.

A total noob...

...bumped a 14 day old topic...

...to incorrectly answer a previously answered question.

No wonder crackteria made him a mod. :rolleyes:

Back