Painting my new bedroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
just for the record, removing knockdown is crazy easy with a good paint scraper. just pull it off.

spackle is a bad idea. it would get REALLY expensive to flatten a whole wall. if thats the route you wanna go, use durhams rock hard water putty.its cheaper, by a ton. but it does take a bit more skill to do well.

now, what i would do,is spray it with a high density spraytip, and just brush the edges. but you probably dont have access to a pump, amirite?

probably the best option with your resources is to roll it. use some interior latex paint (kwal paint is good for arizona; more glycol keeps it from drying out). then use some masking tape (the blue stuff isnt any better than a nice roll of 3M masking tape) to mark edges, and knok yurself out. use a 6" or 8" roller. not too 'shaggy'. smooth fur, if you will. bit long.
:awesome:

Spackle is cheap.
Sand it some, skim coat it, let it dry, skim coat it again. Doneski.

The knockdown has to stay on.

The texture cannot be gotten rid of.

The problem usually is the paint drips down into the cracks that the masking tape doesn't go down into.

Maybe if I use a very dry roller.

Well I guess I'll try it and see how it goes.

I'm thinking I'm gonna do stripes basically, uh,

Should I do vertical, horizontal, diagonal, or completely all over the place every *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing stripe is at a different angle from the others? (This would be hard to make straight stripes with perfectly methinks. Well, maybe not.)

Use a very fuzzy, thick roller. it will get into the divits. Don't put too much paint on your roller. Work from the top down. Make sure to flatten your drips before they dry. Don't go too fast to avoid splatters.

Sam, it'll take MAYBE 2-3 gallons for the whole room.

You want a thick nap roller. Sam is wrong.

Sam, joint compound is $13 for 5 gallons.

Do vertical stripes. measure the distances on the ceiling, put a weight on a string, hang it from your marks, (two person job) pull it tight, and carefully draw a line along it. If you have a chalk line, it's very useful. It's not hard to roller a straight line. I can't find the slats I was looking for, but if you have a tablesaw, you could rip them out of luan.

I would say midnight blue, but really, I think any colour could work as long as you like it. My sister's room is bright pink and white stripes (each stripe is about 8 inches wide). It's cool.
Mine is sage green light on 3 walls, darker on one. If the room gets very hot, a blue or green can make it feel cooler. If it's in the shade, a yellow or orange can make it feel warmer.

OH HEY YOU GUYS THIS THREAD LOOKS PRETTY COOL I THINK I'LL POST HERE

7 MONTHS OLD WELL THAT'S OKAY

So, every once in a while, my brain forgets english. I was looking at that 9, and decided that it wasn't a real thing, and that you were using some Greek character of something. Cool story.

Don't even get into what's "real." Nothing is real.

NOTHINGISREALNOTHINGISREALNOTHINGISREALNOTHINGISREAL :demonpie:

divide-by-zero8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back