Ouya - The Open-Source $99 Android Console

Looks good, but now that Tegra 4 has been announced...

I'll see once people are playing GTAIII and Max Payne on this thing.

I can play GTAIII/VC on my Yinlips, along with Max Payne. The OUYA will definitely run them.

True, it will, i'm just gonna see what sort of trickery Nvidia cook up with it first, if the OUYA holds it's own, i'll probably take a bite.

Kickback said:
True, it will, i'm just gonna see what sort of trickery Nvidia cook up with it first, if the OUYA holds it's own, i'll probably take a bite.
Not sure what Nvidia'd do, but you can probably already look at some gameplay videos of things on the nexus 7 or one x for comparison since they're all on tegra 3s.

Yeah, Shield runs Tegra 4, and includes steam, but will be a lot more expensive, might get me an OUYA instead

I just got my shipment notice. I'll let you know when it gets here. At the very least, it'll be good for emulators and movies.

Moved to Game Discussion (with shadow topic in Mobile) as this topic is more suited to that forum.

I've only played one game on it. A multiplayer game with a billion ninjas on screen, and then there's also a ninja for each player. The goal is to touch all the statues before any of the other players, or to kill all the other players. What makes it fun is trying to figure out which ninjas are controlled by other players while not outting your own ninja. Fun enough with two people, but gets better with more.

I feel like this would be cool for programming/game design/etc learners.

Mine finally arrived. Bit annoyed that mine doesn't have the Angel List engraved into it so it's just a stock Ouya.

Back