Nintendo GAMECUBE Serial Number Guide

MarkNES

Despite being a new member of this forum, I would like to start a guide that would list any worldwide GAMECUBE that is a DOL-001 or DOL-101 along with their model # (i.e. DOL-001), manufacturing location (i.e. Japan), serial # (i.e. DS133143360, motherboard revision, etc. Feel free to post your GAMECUBE's manufacturing location (i.e. China), model # (i.e. DOL-101), serial # (i.e. DS461431832), motherboard revision, etc. With this guide, we might be able to decide on the best motherboard revision for the GAMECUBE (excluding the more obvious difference; no digital AV out on DOL-101).
The GAMECUBEs that I used for the examples are from my collection.
DS4xxxxxxx x might mean that the GAMECUBE has been repaired by Nintendo at some point.
This has only just begun, folks. I look forward to any contributions! :) I recommend taking pictures of what you can contribute. ;)

this will only apply to original GC owners...
many people piece together systems or swap cases or something else to get em working for sale on ebay
so its hard for anyone to know if the information they provide will be accurate and/or useful for you needs

megalomaniac said:
this will only apply to original GC owners...
many people piece together systems or swap cases or something else to get em working for sale on ebay
so its hard for anyone to know if the information they provide will be accurate and/or useful for you needs

Oh man, that would be quite irritating for someone swap his/her GAMECUBE's parts, whether the goal is to repair a defective system or not. That could also confuse people with what the highest official serial # for a DOL-001 truly is. Perhaps we should recommend that the owner represents a receipt (from Wal-Mart, Traget, etc.) for his/her GAMECUBE to reduce the likeliness of confusion and/or "swapped" parts?

MarkNES said:
Perhaps we should recommend that the owner represents a receipt (from Wal-Mart, Traget, etc.) for his/her GAMECUBE to reduce the likeliness of confusion and/or "swapped" parts?
Good luck with that, your more likely get the info you're looking for from contacting Nintendo directly.

Back