Nintendo 3DS details(pricing, release, etc, bunches o' pics)

superthorn96 said:
i'm not going to buy until i see a flashcart or softmod
BoomBox-Creations said:
But like superthorn96, I think i will wait until a working flashcart or softmod shows up.

I understand if you want to use a flash cart on the 3DS, as I have had multiple DS flash carts, GBA flash carts, etc. and they are extremely convenient. However, to not buy the system just because there isn't one available is stupid. I will gladly buy this and games for it on day one with or without a flash cart being available.

I don't mind buying games for it, Like The day i get it, Id buy the new LoZ and the New Donkey Kong (maybe even the Kirby, but was never really a fan of it) (that is assuming those games are out when i buy the 3DS)

But Id be using the flash cart on the 3DS just like i use Install0us on the iPhone (how it was meant o be used). Simply to trial the apps and see if its any good, If its good, Ill buy it, if its crap, I hit the delete badge. (except for TomTom, No way I'm paying $100AUD for a GPS app), Saying that as well, I'm thankful of Apple releasing a new trial section, not like it helps too much though.

But, like the iPhone aswell, I do buy games that intrest me even without some sort of trial (I brought Hero Of Sparta the day it came out, and never even touched the free version of it on the appstore)

Now i just derailed the thread slightly, Sorry for that, back on the 3DS topic!

Zero said:
superthorn96 said:
i'm not going to buy until i see a flashcart or softmod
BoomBox-Creations said:
But like superthorn96, I think i will wait until a working flashcart or softmod shows up.

I understand if you want to use a flash cart on the 3DS, as I have had multiple DS flash carts, GBA flash carts, etc. and they are extremely convenient. However, to not buy the system just because there isn't one available is stupid. I will gladly buy this and games for it on day one with or without a flash cart being available.

Not necessarily. For a DS Lite anyway, a flashcart will allow you to do a lot more. It can play GB/GBC games (emulated of course) and some others. But the main attraction is the ability to use it as a media player. At that time I only had a crappy MP3 player, hard to browse (you could skip or go back) which was aggrevated by the fact that I loaded it with crap songs. Now I had a device that could play games, music and even movies (I watched U-571 on a ferry once). I no longer use it for that purpose, however, since I have an MP3 player and the DS has a really weak amp even for headphones.

That said, it might be a moot point for the 3DS. What does it have in the way of media capabilities?

I never said that they were limited to playing games?

Like I said I understand the convenience and even had to use my DS lite as my primary mp3 player for a short while, but to not buy a system just because it doesn't have one available yet? That is indeed stupid.

I am 3D nut, so I see this argument all the time.

It is BS. 3D is how we see the world, if anything there is evidence showing that playing excessive 2D games can cause the brain to temporarily or permanently reduce our sense of stereoscopy.

That article is typical sensationalist garbage. They do not even show the question they asked him! It sounds like they asked him if it would be harmful, and as a doctor, he says that there is no current data, and that we cannot really know for sure. Studies HAVE been done on children over the age of 7, though (Sega sponsored a very good study before they released their shutter glasses for the Master System), and it is safe.

3D is not bad for your eyes, the extra strain you get comes as a result of implementing it badly, and even that does not cause any long lasting damage.

Oh, and I will not be buying one till a homebrew launcher is developed. I want to be able to load my own 3D media on it, thank you very much.

Update:

Releases in February in Japan, 2011 in Europe.

Virtual Console for GB games.

Price: 300 dollars in Japan, no price for Europe or US. I expect 280.

Discuss.

Actually, its February 26th 2011 for Japan, and March for all other territories. Looks like they are going to keep their promise of releasing it by March.

Darn, I was going to post that, but you beat me to it! :sweat:

Anyway, there are also thankfully... *drumroll* GameBoy and GBA games a-la Virtual Console. Not only that, but the idea that one of the developers pitched (I forget who, exactly) that they would revamp some older games like Punch-Out!! for NES to be in 3D and allow those to be downloaded online as well. They also followed through with more promises, such as the new Tag mode. I think last, but certainly not least is that you can create Miis on the 3DS now, with the new feature of taking a picture and generating a Mii from there as a stepping stone.

So that's the 3DS.

That coin block card feature was so *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing epic. SO *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING EPIC.

Twilight Wolf said:
I was thinking more along the lines of "Security would hand your ass to you on a silver platter and Reggie Fils-Aime would hunt you down and kick your ass in your own home."
This made me Lol. Skype? No. 3DS is a gaming system. Used for *drum roll please* --------------------- Hacking. and on rare occasions, Gaming. not talking to your mommy in Iowa.

http://www.gamespot.com/3ds/action/residentevilrevelations/video/6280029?tag=topslot;watchlink;1

I watched this a few minutes ago. Is it just me, or does the OOT demo at the end seem like they ditched the fixed camera behind Link? If so, that's gonna be REALLY annoying.

CamaroCam said:
Twilight Wolf said:
I was thinking more along the lines of "Security would hand your ass to you on a silver platter and Reggie Fils-Aime would hunt you down and kick your ass in your own home."
This made me Lol. Skype? No. 3DS is a gaming system. Used for *drum roll please* --------------------- Hacking. and on rare occasions, Gaming. not talking to your mommy in Iowa.
Define hacking?

Back