Nintendo 3DS details(pricing, release, etc, bunches o' pics)

samjc3 said:
i know its an idea. i just cant figure why you want it or what the heck it would be useful for. they invented cell phones for a reason.

You do realize cell phones cost hundreds of dollars a year, right? And that Skype is free?

:facepalm:

Twilight Wolf said:
samjc3 said:
i know its an idea. i just cant figure why you want it or what the heck it would be useful for. they invented cell phones for a reason.

You do realize cell phones cost hundreds of dollars a year, right? And that Skype is free?

Pretty much everyone I know has a cell phone at this point, and I can't think of any situation where they would prefer to use Skype via a 3DS over just using their cell phone. Even if you don't have a cell phone, how often are you going to have your 3DS on you, be near an open wifi hotspot, and not have any other phones nearby that you can use (house phones, friend's cell phones, pay phones, etc.)? It really isn't practical by any stretch of the imagination, especially if its an emergency situation. Also, Skype isn't "free" if you are planning to use it like a real phone, its only free if you call other Skype users and if that's the case its not even comparable to a normal cell phone.

Has wifi but doesn't have webcam.

Thursty uses his iphone to ustream to manycam to tinychat, I can see a random, but very possible situation coming about.

SS

Zero said:
Twilight Wolf said:
samjc3 said:

Pretty much everyone I know has a cell phone at this point, and I can't think of any situation where they would prefer to use Skype via a 3DS over just using their cell phone. Even if you don't have a cell phone, how often are you going to have your 3DS on you, be near an open wifi hotspot, and not have any other phones nearby that you can use (house phones, friend's cell phones, pay phones, etc.)? It really isn't practical by any stretch of the imagination, especially if its an emergency situation. Also, Skype isn't "free" if you are planning to use it like a real phone, its only free if you call other Skype users and if that's the case its not even comparable to a normal cell phone.
thank you for typing that for me. :)

OH MY GOSH CAN NOT WAIT!!! *head explodes*

Also I love how almost none of the showcase girls ever smile, they have no idea what's going on. :lol:

I was thinking more along the lines of "Security would hand your ass to you on a silver platter and Reggie Fils-Aime would hunt you down and kick your ass in your own home."

Eh, for me it really depends on the games. They sound good, at least if you are interested in Nintendo's usual offerings (Zelda, Mario, etc). If you're like me and not really, then it's still cool, but not as great. I'm not really interested in the 3D. Cool, yes, but not a deal-breaker or -maker for me. I'm not interested in the 3D camera feature at all. Yes, it's cool, but it does not belong on a gaming device. I wonder if flashcarts will be made that work with it, and I wonder if there will be any good homebrew. It seems to be more powerful, so maybe we can get better emulators? The N64 emulator everyone dreams about, probably not, but maybe we can get good SNES emulation.

superthorn96 said:
breaking.gif

(And besides, Irate Gamer is a little...special)

I'm actually planning on buying a 3DS provided it's not too expensive. Finally, a step up from my DS Phat!

I'm still waiting for a 3DS Majora's Mask announcement, though. I'd buy that day one.

I'll be buying it for Paper Mario, hands down. That and Star Fox 64 3D have me sold. Plus, I'll probably pick up some others.

Back