My band is playing our first show

AfroLH

Frequent Poster
http://papawatzke.bandcamp.com/album/demo-2014

Hey, so, this is my band, Papa Watzke, and we recorded this demo last night. It's a really low-quality recording, and we're pretty sloppy, but it would mean a lot if you would listen to it. You can stream it via this link, and if you like it, you can download it for free (or if you're feeling generous, you can buy it for any price you'd like). We're pretty *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing awesome. Cool. Thanks.

Tell your friends plz.

EDIT:
t7595XC.png

Re: My band just released a demo

I like it. The recording quality is typically abysmal, but even with that, the intent comes across pretty well, and it feels good. I, for one, am interested to see where you guys go.

I like it. Sound quality is flax (guessing "very far away" was a live performance) but the music behind it is nice. I like the presence of the bass... And I'm a fan of amplifier distortion as well. Not sure if that was intentional or just a "this was the best amp we could afford" thing, but it sounds raw. Won't be buying this because I'm broke as Heck, but keep us posted on future recordings.

Super impressed, I dig it a lot. And not like how your mom "digs it," it's really *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing good. You've got a very unique sound and I really like the post-punky vibe with funk and psychedelia mixed in. You've got a great balance going on there. Make more flax.

Thanks for the support, guys!

We're currently working on getting some shows booked and we're looking into recording either an EP or a small album. I'm also gonna see about recording or taping our first show to show you guys and flax.
Whatever we release is probably gonna be pay what you want, with the physical release costing $5. The first 20 people to buy a physical copy will receive an album with a unique hand-drawn cover (drawn by us or our friends).

So get ready for that.

You guys sound hella badass. And I don't use the adjective hella a lot. I want one of those hand drawn covers.

Congratulations Afro, that's pretty awesome.

If it wasn't already free, I'd say they should accept dogecoin at the door.

I can dig it. Hopefully you guys will get the chance to make higher quality recordings soon.

Back