I'll buy your xboxen

ttsgeb

Breaker of Everything
Staff member
I will pay $30 shipped for one xbox, or $25 each for multiples.
So, like... for making math easier, one xbox gets you $30, 2 gets you $50, 5 gets you $125. You cover shipping costs.

Notes:
This is for Original xbox consoles, NTSC versions.
If you still see this thread open, I'm still buying.
I'll pay $20 if it's broken in any reasonable way.
Shipping would be to USA 60680
I absolutely insist that "xboxen" is the plural form of xbox.

Putting a bit of a break on this offer for now, still feel free to PM me, but I think I've got enough coming my way for the time being.

Last edited:
Working, not working? I have one that I believe the HDD is dead/dying that I'll probably never get around to. It says it needs service, can't remember the code. This is assuming my parents haven't thrown it out. :p

Ive got a box somewhere with like 4 motherboards and a coupla harddrives and such. No cases, and no idea if working, but it exists. Should have a pretty good selection of parts.

I'll do $8/mobo and $3/psu, drive, or case. If you still have a picopsu that has the 5v rail for this, I may be interested in that, too.
If you only have certain case parts, we can talk about that, too.

ttsgeb said:
I'll do $12/who, $3/psu or drive, $3/case, and $1/drive tray shipped. If you still have a picopsu that has the 5v rail for this, I may be interested in that, too.
If you only have certain case parts, we can talk about that, too.
I'll work up a catalog for you.

I may be able to sell you mine. Can tell you for sure on Monday. Do you want controllers? I have two flawless GameStop brand controllers. If you want them, Maybe $5 go one, $8 for both. Also I have a flawless DVD playback kit. If you want it, we can negotiate on a price. The Xbox itself plays fine, is NTSC and I am in the USA. However, when a disc is not in it, you must use the manual eject with a paper clip. When a disc is in, it USUALLY opens when eject button is pressed. The cosmetic condition is a little dusty, few scratches, but nothing you wouldn't expect. Anyway, I'll let you know by Monday and if I can I'll try to have it shipped by wednsday.

--Nintendork

I'll do $40 shipped on the box, DVD kit, and controller, as well as a $10 bonus on delivery to the first person to get me a working box.

I have a box ready, but waiting for the parents ok by midday tomorrow. Don't know why they'd say no though. So $40 for the console, one controller, and the DVD thingy, right?

Yeah, It will be Tuesday before I can pay anyone, because I have to take cash to the bank and wait on them to pump it all of the way through their system, though.

I need a place to store my copious amounts of CP that nobody will ever suspect... :/

BANBOX
Slim Xbox laptop
Third would be a forza arcade machine... this is going to be where I cheap out the most, simply because I can't afford the 5 billion things to make it just right.. This alone could easily turn into a $5000 project...
But... the great thing about the arcade machine is that if I DO build it up all of the way, it'd just cost me a few hundred dollars to upgrade it to modern consoles and games, and would be of negligible difficulty. Not to mention I could turn around and sell it for quite a bit, you know, it being an arcade machine...

1. That would be sick...8 years ago. ;) I always found the lack of TVs at a single person's house, controllers, or copies of the game (I assume you'll mod them, though) to be the limiting factor.
2. Xbook Air. I like it. Take it to Starbucks and start playing some Halo.
3. My wife has given me the preliminary go-ahead for building a 360-based arcade driving cab in the next few years. I plan on using actual car parts wherever possible to make it feel just like a real car, no plastic wheels or pedals. Heck, if I can, I'll find a wrecked GTO (or maybe a Civic, I loved mine) and sawzall the whole drivers area out and use that (dash, firewall, floor, seat, center console, maybe even the roof and door). I'll probably use a real transmission and have the gas pedal move a throttle plate for it to feel right. I might have to settle on re-purposing an existing cab until we're in a more permanent housing situation, though. Thanks for reminding me that I have a project to start planning. :awesome:

You have no clue... If I could, I would take the entire cab out of a car, mount projectors, place hydraulics for feedback, put about 4 subs in each potential engine location, have 7 channel or higher surround sound, and still want to do more. I'm almost as bad as the flight sim guys...

But yeah, the lanbox would be modded and made to be relatively easy to change games on. I would also set it up so you could wire 4 of them together for the ultimate 16 box gaming experience...
I don't care that nobody plays Xbox anymore. It would be great.

Bump

For anyone interested, I'm also in the market for a model 1 genesis and about 3 model 2/3's...

So... MEGABUMP.

This offer is still outstanding if anyone's interested. Payment may be a bit slower now than it was at time of OP, but I'm still looking for a stockpile here. :D

I'll keep an eye out at my local Goodwill for you. I dread to think of shipping costs though.

It generally comes out around $10-$15 to ship one, So I'd be paying you around $10-$15 for the xbox.

Alright. I'll try to pick up any in that price range. Can't wait to see your lappy finished!

Back