How can I make my Wii run off of a battery?

Gems

I'm so sorry for all the noob questions, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

I'm considering getting this battery: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RSPMUQW

The battery is specifically for powering the Wii, and my screen is going to be powered by the Wii's 5V pinout. I read in a previous thread that I couldn't charge and play at the same time, but I don't mind.

How would I go about this?

That's a very broad question. There is information on the mega sticky about these things. The same goes for your question about the GC controller.

Also, the Wii runs off of 12v, which means that your battery has to be >12v. 14.8v is a better option.

The gamecube and Wii megastickys are where you should start. Most of that info should help answer these questions, and the other common basic questions you may have.

With all that out of the way, the Wii has internal regulators that will run on a minimum of 11v dc. The max before they bust is unknown, but i have run on 20v before. BUUUT 11.1V batteries voltages drop below that before discharging, so you need to run off a higher voltage.

Those blue Chinese battery packs NEVER have the ratings listed.

Look into lithium ion batteries and how safely use them. They explode into big ferocious balls of fire when misused. This is VERY important to learn if you plan to use them.

Charge and play circuit should be either in these stickies of general electronics stickies.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and that somewhere is the stickies. If you still need help after that, let me know and Ill do my best to help you

Back