Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

Yeah, but like I said, the Compaq didn't have a charger, so the battery was dead and I couldn't try it, I couldn't get the AST to boot into Windows (it kept telling me "missing system disk" or something), and one of them was missing a hard drive, but nobody I asked could identify which one...

You would probably have just ended up disappoint. D:

Crap joeyjoe, I just sold a laptop for $40. It ran XP, smooth internet, nothing wrong with it. If I'd've known, I woulda cut you a deal. :lol:

hmm, joey. i do have an acer aspire in pretty good condition. I may sell it to you pretty cheap.

Got a copy of "Shock Xpress" fanzine from 1987 for my little collection. Really good horror film review and an interview with the director of "Herbert West-Reainimator". one of the best horror comedies of all time. Was £3 but well worth it.

I got two Genesis 2s, a Sega Saturn, enough cords for 3 Genesis 2s, 3 3 button controllers, and 16 different games for $10.

Picked up a USB gamepad for free. Not the best pad, but with JoyToKey, works great. (JoyToKey is neat, you can even use it to emulate a mouse!)
/advertising

Also picked up a nice golf club set worth a few hundred for $10. :awesome:

bassmasta said:
Picked up a USB gamepad for free. Not the best pad, but with JoyToKey, works great. (JoyToKey is neat, you can even use it to emulate a mouse!)
/advertising

Golf clubs are pretty neat, but they break over time after hitting so many monsters. I prefer a non-degradable weapon like the handheld axe for my Silent Hill 4 needs.

Ex Demo Dell Streak for £300, £150 cheaper than buying it new and it's in mint condition. Still has the screen cover on :D

bassmasta said:
/advertising

Huh. interesting. That may be useful for my arcade cab (link in sig). Although I do plan on putting a mouse in as well.

And you guys are on the wrong track when it comes to weapons. The problem with melee weapons is that you have to get close. Whether it's killer monsters or infectious zombies, that's a bad idea. I prefer orbital particle cannons, or when those are unavailible, assault rifles.

I've used JoyToKey, it's totally free and is awesomesauce. It'll probably do anything you need.
It takes a little while to figure out, but once you have that down it's invaluable.

Went to Malternative today. They have every single Beatles record in stereo, and a lot of them are UK and JP. They were only like $7 each, and the White Album was only $11.

However, I do not have a record player. Sad ;_;

So, there was a clear Game Boy, perfect condition, with rechargable batteries, a carrying case, a game of your choice, some instruction manuals, charger for the batteries, and a magnifier/light, all for $45. Just as I was about to ask the dude how much it would cost for just the Game Boy + Batteries and Charger, some 40 year old guy bought the whole thing. flax.

I was just like "Screw it" and bought Link's Awakening for my custom GBP that I will never get from Bo and left.

Took some vidya game junk to Game Force today and got a few bucks in credit, so I got a complete cardboard longbox copy of The Need for Speed for the PlayStation (hopefully this one won't break in half like the other copy I got there >_>) and a complete copy of Die Hard Trilogy for the PlayStation.

Then at the thrift store right by Game Force, I got a copy of Myst for the PC and a complete 1.0 Dreamcast Web Browser for a total of $6.

I also found a copy of Half-Life: Opposing Force in the same CD bin as Myst and the web browser. At first I was all :awesomeTW: but there was no CD. ;_; The guy working there let me have the card with the key on it for free, though. :awesomeTW: But I can't register it on Steam and download it there and I don't know if I can just download any old ISO and have the key work. ;_;

Back