GameCubeMini ~ Worklog

Re: GameCubePocket worklog

Little update on wiring:

img2011051400466.jpg

img2011051400468.jpg

The bottom pic shows how I rewired the controller transistors. You rewire it with the help of the diagram of the via pinouts and then connect the player data line from the controller to matching player data line on the transistor.

That's some really nice clean wiring there Zen, What kind of soldering iron/tips do you use for the small stuff (via's, etc) like that. I have a Heck of a time getting results that clean even with my weller.

I use a weller type soldering iron and just use the standard tip I got with it. Make sure you don't strip too much of the wire and make the solder connection strong so it can take a pull or 2. Then place them in a neatly fashion and it should never give you any problems. Patience is the key doing this kind of work. Never and I repeat NEVER rush soldering something like this unless you are a pro and have done allot of tiny soldering jobs and even then it's always better to be sure everything was done perfectly.

Here's another update. Board is fully rewired and 100% working:

img2011052000488.jpg

img1772oy.jpg

img1768h.jpg

img1774oe.jpg

Here's a little video of it in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0lKnf-pbbY

This is amazing. You are the greatest.

And does the case fit in an average pocket?

Thanks for the positive comments!!

It fits in my jeans pocket. Hence the name gamecube pocket. Would be ashame if it didn't live up to the name. I have to say though that if you have tight pants it will never fit it's not as thin as a phone. Just think 1,5 psp thick for size comparison.

Update!!

Case has first layer of paint on it. Now need to sand and fill in any gaps and repaint. The GC logo I cut out will be the fan opening. It will have a grill behind it.

img2011052600519.jpg

img2011052600520.jpg

img2011052600521.jpg

img2011052600522.jpg

img2011052600524.jpg

Note that the paint won't look like it is now. It's still rough and will be refined after all the gaps are filled.

Thnx man!! This is going to be my best work yet!! :mrgreen: This thing has all the features and you would ever want in a portable and more!

I have been thinking about using metallic black instead of matt black...... What do you think??

Matte Black >> Metallic Black

Maybe try silver accents to match the gamecube colors?

Back