MODDED.jpg

Re: GameCubePocket worklog

are you going to be using a solar panel
i know one can power a gamecube i had one of mine being powered with a 12v one

Hackerbilly said:
are you going to be using a solar panel
i know one can power a gamecube i had one of mine being powered with a 12v one
Bullflax, how big of a panel? They don't put out even close to enough amperage at portable size.

It wasn't that big it was sorta big but not too big like it was like alittle bit bigger then a vcr tape
My friend gave it to me he had used it for the science fair at my school and used it to power a rc car and i knew it outputed about 12vlts and i had cut my gc power cable and stole the plug that plugs into the gamecube wired up positive and negitve then let it sit outside for about 30mins turned it on and well it worked i played luigi's mansion on it for like a hour or two before i shut it off but if you don't beleive me i'll make a youtube vid about it

When I am outside My camera picks up more light making things brighter
and why does everyone make a big fuss over the time i took a pic and my camera made it darker so you couldn't see
i don't live in the dark i live in a vast sunny hot area that is always pretty bright even at night

it is well at least around both of my neighborhoods
i guess it's proubly becuase a street light is right next to my house

Not much progress due to lack of time but for people who are interested in making the analog trigger digital do as follows:

1. wire 10k resistor from ground to the analog dataline (when looking at the controller board it will be the left most pin on the analog slider)

2. Wire a tact switch from 3.3v to the dataline

3. Done!

Do this on both shoulder buttons. It's that simple you don't even need to use the original analog sliders. The 10k resistor and a tact switch is all you need to get it working.

When you press the button it will act like you are fully pressing down the analog trigger in one go.

I am still trying to figuer out how when can use one tact switch to press both. The thing is with the normal L and R buttons the dataline already has 3.3v on it then you ground it with the push of a button. The chip then registors it But the alaog button works different. You can't just ground it it needs to be powered with a very low voltage to know the signal is active otherwise it won't do anything. That's why you use a resistor to keep the signal low. Then when you push the button it feed the dataline with 3.3v. So it's the complete oposite than the normal buttons.

Anybody know a way to use one switch to active both buttons?? Is a NOR gate possible??

NOR takes two lows and sends out a high signal. Not sure that would work in this scenario.

Let me think out loud. We have 2 buttons:

normal button: sends low signal
digital button: sends 3.3v high signal

XOR might do the trick.

Only when we have a high and low signal, will it pass a high through the gate (3.3v). Sorry its been a good 3 years since my DE class :sweat:

EDIT

wait, this is not nearly as complicated as we're making it. We can just use a NOT gate and wire 3.43v from the end of its toggle, then use NOT to get a ground out of that same switch. Assuming a NOT gate can indeed turn 3.43v to ground. I forgot to put the resistor in the diagram, but you get the idea.
UTfpp.jpg

:rofl: you wrote it down on the att U-verse account paper i used to have that then we moved now im sad :cry4:

wolborg said:
:rofl: you wrote it down on the att U-verse account paper i used to have that then we moved now im sad :cry4:

they suck. never ever use at&t for anything. TW is much better. For internet at least.

Lol.... wowww! Has it been that long already.....

All my projects are on hold right now as my regular work is keeping me busy.

Maybe in a couple of months I'll get back to this one.

Back