GameCube SP Portables on Commission

Blargaman91

Edit: Head to the newest posts (last page) for updates!

I think soon enough I'm going to start producing more GameCube portables that are built around an SL-68 case from PolyCase, much like my GameCube SP. They'll be for sale, once I get some built. I want to price them at around $400, though possibly lower. But, I'm concerned whether or not I'll get enough buyers. If you would be interested in a portable somewhat resembling this one (but probably with real joysticks), 2+ hours of battery life, respond here and I'll keep you in mind. It won't necessarily be orange, either.

xaqpua.jpg

This is a very early notice. It could be a long while until I get started, if I do.

Re: Portable GameCubes; any buyers?

$400? I think you could easily get $600+ for that.

If you're worried about finding buyers, take commissions so you know you'll have a buyer. Then you won't end up with a pile of GCp's on your desk.

The parts alone cost $300 so you only get $100 in profit. You'll be getting payed around $5 an hour at most. Why would you price that so low, its a waste of time.

if you consider all the time i put into designing and purchase planning and soldering and selling and shipping all the MEGAdrive and MEGA3 and MEGAudio boards i created, i only made like $0.17 profit per hour...

sometimes people just want to do things for the good of the community and the experience in learning and practicing a skill rather than be concerned with making a 200% - 300% profit

prime example: Swiss
emu_kidid does not charge for his software...
so if you calculate all the time he has spent to improve it, the compatibility added to make WKF work on it, implementation of other individual feature requests from members, and continued support for bugfixes....how much profit has he made? none, its free...

25$ WKFs:
no one ever posted or even commented that i should charge more money for WKFs because 99% of all other sellers on the web were charging more (sometimes 2x more) and it was a waste of time to charge so little making almost zero profit after paypal fees were calculated...

btw, read my sig below
i will do "free" mod work

...everyone sets their own price...

megalomaniac said:
sometimes people just want to do things for the good of the community and the experience in learning and practicing a skill rather than be concerned with making a 200% - 300% profit
Good point. Also thanks for giving us modders a more affordable price on modchips and your breakout boards!

Well, yeah, what mega said. I love doing this stuff. And being only 14, I don't have need for much profit anyway :oops: .

very interested. I have a WKF and a 3.5 inch LCD Latin around too.

And then there's me, who can't even get 100$ for my gcp :(
Also cool to see another young modder. My 14th birthday is on Friday!

brendanepic said:
And then there's me, who can't even get 100$ for my gcp :(
Also cool to see another young modder. My 14th birthday is on Friday!
try ebay. Portable consoles occasionally pop up on ebay.

Fluxedo, as my only source of a WiiKey now is $50, the cost could be reduced about $70 if you supplied that and the screen.

Wow. That's awesome. I have tons of other GCp supplies so I most definitely need to contact you.

im interested, but it wont be for a while, because im not the type of person that has a lot of money all the time. ill pm you somewhat of it.

im interested, but it wont be for a while, because im not the type of person that has a lot of money on me all the time. ill pm you somewhat of it.

That's a 3.5 inch screen. The whole portable is about 6 inches x 4 inches, and 1.5 inches thick.

Sweeeeet.
I just got a 5 inch screen for $25 off ebay and ditching my 3.5... That's a good case if i were to keep the 3.5 inch screen, but i guess i will have to custom make one.
your portable looks sweet.
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Portables can be portrait or landscape, painted or not painted. I'm basically taking commissions, just built around an SL-68. I'm still figuring out the hurtle of CNC machining my cases.

Back