Fusion Micro(s) ~ Worklog

The ones he used actually look like squishy tacts. I believe that they are the ones from the Z button.

nukear said:
brunoip said:
You may want to use these kind of buttons

ef1107a7.jpg
No. Those things are too big.

lol, no!

5683284c.jpg

I do have around 100 of those squishy tacts you pictured bruno. The squishy Z button tacts from a regular GC controller were just a bit more friendly towards what I was trying to accomplish here. Thats why I used them instead.

Now I'll have to open up the first Fusion Micro and replicate this. :)

Not sure it really warrants a new "finished" thread so...

Fusion Micro Rev. 2:

(Crappy iPhone pics for now)
IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

Its not actually 100% done, if you look you can see I need to fill in the spot where the original 5v power connector for the PSP went. Other than that I need to dab some touch up paint in spots and remove the superglue I managed to get on the face of the X button. Minor stuff.

New/Better features in this model:
1cm thinner!
Full analog trigger compatibility.
Pal Motherboard - So compatible with Luigi's Mansion
Official Nintendo controller + Rumble
Louder audio, as I kept the onboard preamp this time.

Better pics and video on request. :D

3DS sticks wont fit in the stock PSP front casing. If you wanted to mod it a bit more than I have you could make it work.

I'll make up a video later to show off the new features a bit. I'll also take some better pics.

Forgot to mention it, but I found a nice spot on the LCD driver board to pull 4.5v from to power the analog sticks. Thus I avoided wasting a regulator just for them. I can show pics of the point I used if anyones interested.

This is amazing, and warrants its own finished thread. And is perfect and amazing. And I want to see a video. And, it's amazing.

Beautiful! And once again, really :awesomeashen: casework! I think you've got it down. Do I see a fusion micro Rev 3 in the future?

- mymixed

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback once again! As I said I'll make a little video to show off the new features and take some better pics when I have time. Probably tomorrow.... :D

mymixed said:
Do I see a fusion micro Rev 3 in the future?

Probably not for a while. I have 3 other projects I want to finish first. Someone from these boards did express interest in a Fusion Micro commission though, so if they're still interested in that I will bang one out for them.

Four, yea...

GameCube Fusion rev. 1 white model was sold.

GameCube Fusion rev. 1 black model was given to Emu_Kid for helping me with the Wii DD/Wiikey thing.

Fusion Micro rev. 1 still sits here. Needs to be opened and worked on a bit. (swap official controller + rumble in. Mod triggers like rev. 2 Fusion Micro. I'll probably sell it after that.

Fusion Micro rev. 2 I'll likely keep a while, at least until the GameCube Fusion rev.2 is done. Might sell it after that.

Unless I decide to take some commissions I'll likely take a break then. ;P

Ashen said:
Four, yea...

GameCube Fusion rev. 1 white model was sold.

GameCube Fusion rev. 1 black model was given to Emu_Kid for helping me with the Wii DD/Wiikey thing.

Fusion Micro rev. 1 still sits here. Needs to be opened and worked on a bit. (swap official controller + rumble in. Mod triggers like rev. 2 Fusion Micro. I'll probably sell it after that.

Fusion Micro rev. 2 I'll likely keep a while, at least until the GameCube Fusion rev.2 is done. Might sell it after that.

Unless I decide to take some commissions I'll likely take a break then. ;P
Wow. Great job on all of your projects! When I saw you're gamecube fusions I was like, "DOUBLE GAMECUBE PORTABLES ALL THE WAY!!! What does it mean!?! It's so beautiful!!!" Pretty much.

Back