Dsv101's n64p woklog

Okay guys, I should really be working on this, and guess what, I just started to again. For now i just wired an 1/8th inch jack to the video output so i can use it on my handy 7 inch portable dvd player. I need some stuff for the portable though so check the junkyard as I am about to make a WTB thread.

Thanks guys,

And sorry for keeping you waiting!

Oh yeah, its a picture time :)

So far I have video, and audio hooked up. I also have the cart relocated and hot-glued the connections for no shorts or loose wires. Since I don't have batteries yet, I think I will make it wall powered, then later add a battery pack if I or a buyer is interested. My next step is to wire power, and make a rough drawing of what the franken-casing should look like when completed. After that, I can build the case and hope I can fit everything inside. If I can, I will then take everything out and paint it. Also, I have an idea to make a fan that turns on and off based on the temperature inside because my heat-sinking isn't too great. I may, and will most likely, redo it. So still a long way to go, and lots of Bondo to be wasted :p But I am on a good path :)

Heres 2 pics of the whole contraption so far.
MVC-001F.JPG

MVC-002F.JPG

Heres 2 pics of the 7 inch screen, great picture quality, bad camera quality :p
MVC-003F.JPG

MVC-004F.JPG

Audio amp, it is a bit large...oh well, since I have a 7-inch screen, I should have room :p
MVC-005F.JPG

Controller so far, needs the d-pad section cut and wired. As well as the start button wired too.
MVC-006F.JPG

what I did I believe is cut the Black and Gray wires all in half, stripped them, and then tinned them. I then just extended them per-say, by adding new wire. The direction is based on the one black wire. Solder the black wire first, and just follow the wires and then boom, your done ;)

dsv101 said:
what I did I believe is cut the Black and Gray wires all in half, stripped them, and then tinned them. I then just extended them per-say, by adding new wire. The direction is based on the one black wire. Solder the black wire first, and just follow the wires and then boom, your done ;)
:cry4: I do that and it never works :cry4:

I just use regular ide cable. Anyway, I don't want to sidetrack this thread. You might want to replace that crappy OEM analog stick for something like this

Bumpdate...sadly I think I have to abandon this project :*( anyway, I may put the electronics up for sale however so they still have some good use :) I believe I have the following Items:

-N64 With Cart Relocation completed and the bigger memory pack
-7 inch portable DVD Player Screen
-Wired 3.3v Regulator
-Not-Wired battery saver thingy circuit for charging

So guess what, A buddy lent me conker's bad fur day, and I was all like "Dang, my n64 is in pieces, maybe I should finish that portable."

So alas, two years and ten days from launch, how portablizing usually works, I shall continue on. Updates soon! (With normal quality pictures this time)

First update:

My cart slot location is failing after sitting in a box for almost two years. Either a wire is cracked, or there is a short. Because games will only turn on if I hold the cartridge at a slight angle. Which is weird because I hot glued all the wires into place on the PCB and cart slot after completion to prevent this from happening. Darn it...

However, my 7-inch Portable DVD Player screen is still beautiful, as well as my audio amp.

Here's what I have to do next:

Redo cart-slot relocation
Figure out a case (frankencased plastic and JB-Weld or Bondo)
Wire everything up in the case

Sadly, this portable will not have a battery as of now, as I can't put up the money for one.

Back