Abb_eliten's GameCube portable (updated with video)

Re: Abb_eliten's GameCube portable

FINALLY got the screen! :)

A video as promised. Sorry for the low and crappy sound.
Both in the video and the portable istelf.

/Abb_eliten

Thanks!

Small update:

20110214001.jpg

Made speaker covers

20110214005.jpg

...and a mini analog stick. More comfortable to hold

zeturi said:
Hey, that's not a bad idea, the mini analog. I like it!

Yeah it came out quite nice, the original stick was just a little bit too tall for me.

Let's hope the speaker covers is a good idea as well, somehow the speakers always manage to be exactly where my fingers are when changing discs :p

Wow That looks great! I haven't seen a a GCp that dynamic and small, but I just joined today. That is by far the best GCp I have seen yet with all of the features with it. I like how it has the plug and play feature for the controller. Does it have an mp3 jack included in it somewhere? Overall I can't stress how awesome that is. Especially as the DD is so large and you slimmed it down so much, did you use the wii dvd drive or pull off a miracle? How does that z button work out for you as it seems in a rather weird place. What benefits do you get from chipping the cube as I don't do homebrew. Also did you end up using that hug mechanism for the L and R trigger or did you modify them?

I now want to make GCp, but I do not know a definite cost and stuff. I wanted mine to have all of the features that your has. I posted a thread on Benhecks forum but it doesn't appear to be as active as modretro.

Sorry to change the subject like this but, here is the post I made on Ben hecks forum
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41656

I now don't want to incorporate an sd loader feature as you fit the DD in there so well I want to keep it included.

I also see that the screen price I was looking for is to low, what screen did you use/ recommend as you tore one out. What made you tear it out by the way?

I would like to see how you made the plug and play feature for the controller as that is extremely interesting to me because there is no switches visible at all. Also I am just curious on around how old you are as I am around 15, but many people on here seem to be under 30 so I think I could have enough experience to pull this off.

Sorry for this extremely large post and thanks for even at least reading! I am sorry for the subject change. Awesomeness to say the least.

Thanks!

There are a few GCP's which are a lot smaller than this, but with some of the features stripped to save space. Zenloc's and Tchay's GCP's are some good examples.
There's probably more which I've haven't seen.

It does have a headphone jack, on the left side of the controller ports (3rd pic).

I used the original DD in this one, and it's pretty much impossible to slim it down regarding height.
It took some time to find a case which had the right height and overall looks, as the biggest criteria I had was an internal DD.

The Z-button is actually quite comfy, as your middle finger rests right on top of it when playing.

Chipping isn't really necessary unless you want to play games from a different region, or backups.

I actually cut out the shoulder button parts and glued them to the case, so no modifications.

At first I used a thrustmaster psone screen, but the image quality was horrible, so I bought one of these.
I think you now get 2 screens instead of one, so you could sell one of.

Note that this one doesn't have an audio amp, so you'll have to get a separate one.

I don't have any picures of the controller switch, so a nice painting will have to do :p

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8932/namnlsic.png

If you're intrested enough, you can pretty much do anything.
I've always been into creating stuff and most of my experience comes from trying different things out.

Thanks for the info!
I assumed you had some sort of switch in the port like that. You picture was great once I figured it out.

Is that screen currently on sale for the 2 for 1 price or can I get it in like a month for the two for one? I don't currently have the money

Unfortunately it was a typo in the listing. It's still 68 + shipping per screen,
but at least you don't have to feel any stress about it.

this is a very nice GCP, im in the process of starting to assimilate the info to make my own...
still undecided between 5" or 7" screen...got one Samsung U70 at home and i think that 7" would be my pick....but cant be sure yet....
already did a rough sketch of the size with 7" screen and buttons/sticks...29cm x 13cm and i still have enough space....will have a look more thoroughly later....still haven't measured height....that DD kills me :sweat:

but it can be seen much work time in that GCP! please continue to amuse me with your creations!

by the way...what resolution your screen has? seems a nice one.

oinquer said:
this is a very nice GCP, im in the process of starting to assimilate the info to make my own...
still undecided between 5" or 7" screen...got one Samsung U70 at home and i think that 7" would be my pick....but cant be sure yet....
already did a rough sketch of the size with 7" screen and buttons/sticks...29cm x 13cm and i still have enough space....will have a look more thoroughly later....still haven't measured height....that DD kills me :sweat:

but it can be seen much work time in that GCP! please continue to amuse me with your creations!

by the way...what resolution your screen has? seems a nice one.

Thanks!

Looking forward to see what you come up with :)

I'm using this one. The resolution is 640x480 and you won't be needing any higher for the cube.

As for the disc drive, thanks to Ashen and emu_kidid of the GC-forever forums and Zenloc it's now possible to use either a slimmed Wii DVD drive or SD loading with the Wiikey Fusion modchip instead. This is great news for those who want small portables.

Check out the original discussion here, and the one on MR here.

yea i have read the thread about the wii drive and jumped the one about the wiikey.... didn't manage to read thoroughly since i'm not yet moving into buying stuff...

at the moment i'm trying to get my place back in my basement for my stuff since my dad "stole" it from me....after i manage it ill try to finish a small CNC i was doing for PCB's and small pieces of plastic/wood, should help me in this...

thanks for your time.

Awesome GCP!
Got two question for ya...
-When you play it, do you even use the 1P port?
-How did you make the AV output? Two way female port maybe?

torturelabs* said:
Awesome GCP!
Got two question for ya...
-When you play it, do you even use the 1P port?
-How did you make the AV output? Two way female port maybe?

Thanks!

If I have the console plugged in to a TV it's a lot easier to have an external controller for everyone, I think.

I just desoldered the original port and extended the audio and video lined with wires going both to the internal screen and AV port.

Back