64 BOY wip Complete

Re: 64 BOY wip *UPDATE 03/23/10*

while cutting it down, it would definitely help to shred away that extra few millimeters.

THANK YOU MARSHALH!!

Marshal and I were talking at MGC and I asked him about my audio amp problem, there was interference on the headphone jack, although I'm pretty sure it was on the speakers too, just too quiet to hear. He told me to check the power line and try putting an inductor on it to boost the power. I didn't have one so I just got 5 volt source off of the n64 board and it worked like a charm!

Unfortunately while I was working on this I discovered a new problem. -_-

I looked into it some more and can't find a problem right now. Oh well, I'll get to it some other time, I really haven't felt like working on it lately.

So how does the switch on a headphone jack work? Never figured this one out.

bentomo said:
THANK YOU MARSHALH!!

Marshal and I were talking at MGC and I asked him about my audio amp problem, there was interference on the headphone jack, although I'm pretty sure it was on the speakers too, just too quiet to hear. He told me to check the power line and try putting an inductor on it to boost the power. I didn't have one so I just got 5 volt source off of the n64 board and it worked like a charm!

Unfortunately while I was working on this I discovered a new problem. -_-

I looked into it some more and can't find a problem right now. Oh well, I'll get to it some other time, I really haven't felt like working on it lately.

So how does the switch on a headphone jack work? Never figured this one out.

Use a PS1 headphone jack or any jack from a typical device (most devices have the switch automatically installed). Then you can follow Mario's pinouts (I assume that is what you are referring to). As for how it actually works....I don't want to sacrifice my only switch jack to figure that out :dah:

Essencially, there are usually 5 pins on a switching headphone jack. One is GND, then the other 4 are L audio in, L audio out, R audio in, and R audio out. there are metal plates that go accross the barrel of the jack connecting L audio in to L audio out and R audio in to R audio out when nothing is inserted. When you plug something in, it pushes the plate things over, and stops them from connecting with the audio out parts, which lead to the speakers. The pins now lean against the headphone plug thing. There ya' go.

That seems odd because it worked before and the audio amp I'm using only has 1 input for the switch and IIRC so does the psone screen.

This one is def gonna be sick!! Don't really like things sticking out but I think you can get away with it in a stylish manner :D Hope you can work out all the bugs and show your most awsome work to the world :rolleyes:

I didn't work on it today, I'm just going to wire the speakers to the headphone jack, I'm not even going to bother to figure out why the switch isn't working.

Anyway I'm going to start work again tomorrow night. Since I really don't have anything new to show I've decided to post the sketch I drew back in January.

I love looking back at it and looking at how far it's come. I feel like I can make anything I can think of. :lol:

100_0911.jpg

I drew up a sketch of my n64 portable. It was awesome, looked like Mario's.

let x = my sketch

my sketch < bentomo's sketch > samjc3's sketch.

my sketch =/= samjc3's sketch.

find x

:XD:

Basement_Modder said:
let x = my sketch

my sketch < bentomo's sketch > samjc3's sketch.

my sketch =/= samjc3's sketch.

find x <----- x is right there.

:XD:

Back