64 BOY wip Complete

Re: 64 BOY wip *UPDATE 03/20/10*

A lot of it is from the memory pak relocation, I might just try using the kynar wire and routing it in between the control boards, it's only about 2 inches. :p

Re: 64 BOY wip *UPDATE 03/20/10*

This is the 64boy nearly complete, will be reorganized to get the batteries in.
DSC02588.jpg

Got the docking station done too, works well. Green led lights up when it's connected.
DSC02592.jpg

1st and 2nd player ports.
DSC02593.jpg

3rd and 4th player ports.
DSC02595.jpg

These are the ports for analog video, the 3 ports aren't colored because the colored ones would fall apart if they were cut that small. You can tell which is which because the video is next to s video, and the audio ports are left and right, indicating left and right audio channels. And yes I do right important stuff to remember on my hands. :dahroll:
DSC02594.jpg

Uses a 15 pin vga header.
DSC02598.jpg

3rd and 4th player insides
DSC02591.jpg

All the other ports are on the other half.
DSC02590.jpg

Authentic minnesotan dirt used to weigh it down. :awesome:
DSC02589.jpg

Also works as a mace for self defense.
DSC02596.jpg

Re: 64 BOY wip *UPDATE 03/23/10*

I put it in the last one too, don't you remember that? I just didn't put up picks of it.

VGA cords tend to flop around the box if it's not heavy. ;)

Beta draws that hat better than I do. :p

Also, I noticed in one of your pictures that you relocated a bunch of caps on the board. Might I ask what's going to be going there?

SS

The board lies face down in the back half of the case, the caps were pushing on the triggers, it saved me some vertical space.

bentomo said:
The board lies face down in the back half of the case, the caps were pushing on the triggers, it saved me some vertical space.

Nice. I've never actually seen someone relocate caps on an n64 board for a practical use. I like it!

SS

Nintendott said:
Srsly? You put flux in the box ?
I sifted it to get the small rocks out, it's basically sand, sand makes an excellent weight for weighing it down, otherwise it feels like a cheap piece of plastic and flops around.

Well everything is working alright, but I tested the headphone jack today and there's quite a bit of interference, it's playable but there's a constant buzzing noise. Is there anything I can put on the lines to reduce it? Like a capacitor?

i would try a ferrite core, but i doubt that would fit. or you could try a resistor to ground, but i dont really know. you could try shortening your wires too. (or switch to shielded ones)

I talked to marshall about it and he said and inductor or choke could work, turns out that there's a little bit of interference in the regular speakers too, it's just really hard to hear. So I might be on the power oine or something.

ShockSlayer said:
bentomo said:

Nice. I've never actually seen someone relocate caps on an n64 board for a practical use. I like it!

SS
B_M did it! :)

Back