Cheese's first GCP worklog

cheese

I've been planning to make a gamecube portable for a while now, and I just recently finished looking through the site at many other portable worklogs and guides and tons of other things like that until I felt that I knew somewhat what I was doing :dahroll: . I have already planned out a design for the case, and received all the parts (minus batteries, because I changed my mind on the ones I already have :sweat: ). I got a soldering iron to replace my huge soldering thingy (that could burn wood by touching it).
(8/7/11) Got in my charger, flux pen, and ZN-40 case!! :awesome:
(8/8/11) Got my Wiikey :dahroll: :dahroll: :dahroll:
(8/14/11) Got my wire, new screen, and more pieces for mah amp! :awesome: DON'T Sega ABOUT PROGRESS UPDATES ONLY! :wtf:
(8/20/11) Wired up my Memorycard to slot A, and wired sense for SD Gecko for slot B
(8/21/11) Wired up amps and started working on controller
(8/23/11) Got in break-out board, and worked on wiring for wiikey
One year of procrastination later... :sweat:
(11/1/12)Did research to re-figure out how to do this stuff
(11/11/12)Soldered (new salvaged)Audio amp to GameCube, and bought a desoldering pump on ebay (should arrive by 11/13/12 - 11/20/12). Looked up info on new Li-Ion batteries to replace the twenty AA sized batteries I originally planned on using (will 3 of these work with this regulator board?).
Pictures TODAY :awesome: (resized):
Gamecube with cut heatsink
2mmg3g5.jpg

Gamecube Internal Memory Card Wiring
2lvd2lk.jpg

Design Plans
29qm875.png

What he said. Only, add in the two neglected letters.

How big are these batteries? 20 batteries is kind of insane. It will work, yes, but it will be extremely heavy.

Ill try to put the pics on a new server.
nukear said:
Just use the dang dremel
My dad has a dremel, but he won't let me use it.
Gyroninja said:
20 batteries is to heavy unless they are really super light.
I recently just thought of that... :wtf: They are AA sized batteries, and I pulled out a 20 pack for size comparison, and found they would not all fit in the case anyways :cry4: Hopefully 10 will fit :awesome:

since your portable is going to be square why not use batteries like in hailrazers guide? or does your design constrict the use of squares?

ABOUT90HAMSTERS said:
since your portable is going to be square why not use batteries like in hailrazers guide? or does your design constrict the use of squares?
My design is with a zn40 case, witch is a slightly rectangular thing with the bottom having a bit of plastic sticking down (stupid stacking design :wtf: )
Also the Gamecube Motherboard kinda is a square... :dahroll: Also could you provide a link to what you are talking about? Googled it and can't find flax. :cry4:

unicycler17 said:
see how the fan is cut?
Not really, did he just cut off all the plastic except the little round thing with the sticker?
ABOUT90HAMSTERS said:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=34576 -battery guide
and static only kills when it isnt humid! :tophat: ..... and if something is rectangular squares should fit.
Thanks for the link, and I never said squares wouldn't fit, where did you come up with that? :rofl:
Also since static only kills when it isn't humid, then I have nothing to worry about! Florida is never dry! :awesome:

ABOUT90HAMSTERS said:
well i thought since you were using a round cell that the case would be rounded...... so i dont know what i was thinking.
okay..... :confused:
unicycler17 said:
Post pics of progress, not pics of your supplies. We already know what gamecubes and wiikeys look like.
OK, sorry... :cry4:

Back