Cheese's first GCP worklog

Update! :awesome:
YEAH!!! FINALLY FINISHED WIRING UP THE MEMORYCARD AND FAN, and I only broke one pin(the sense but that dosent really matter at all... :dahroll: )!
Pic in the first post!

nukear said:
Dayum, that's some thick wire fo data.
Well, it has some thick rubber outside of the wire (its 24 AWG)
Anyways it works and its all I have. :awesome:
SonyQrio said:
Post your pics onto the post you add, not the first post. It's simply good forum etiquette.
Can I put pics in the first post and my new post? :dahroll: I think that would be more organized. But who gives a flax about organization around here? :trollface:

I suppose, but why? Nobody is going to be looking at your first post. They are always going to be going to the last to see the action.

Put updates wherever you want. It doesn't matter. And you really need to get some thinner wire. If you've got old controllers lying around, cut open the cable and use the wire from inside. Or if you have a computer shop nearby, go in and ask for some IDE ribbon cable. They'll give it to you for free, and it's super thin.

unicycler17 said:
Put updates wherever you want. It doesn't matter. And you really need to get some thinner wire. If you've got old controllers lying around, cut open the cable and use the wire from inside. Or if you have a computer shop nearby, go in and ask for some IDE ribbon cable. They'll give it to you for free, and it's super thin.
Uhhh, why do I need to get thinner wire? The actual wire is super thin (as thin as IDE wire) but there is a bunch of rubber around it.
I'm gonna use IDE wire to wire my wiikey, but thats pretty much it.

I Finished Wiring one of my two amps.
Tutorial I Used (link)
Pics:
hwc0hv.jpg
2n9yy6q.jpg
Bottom
Also Added to first post

I like chocolate milk. :rofl:

Any who, I really rcommend assembling the amp like this:
vH6Wjl.jpg

Very compact.

budnespid said:
I like chocolate milk. :rofl:

Any who, I really rcommend assembling the amp like this:
vH6Wjl.jpg

Very compact.
Uhhh, Already Built the amps and i'm not gonna need to build it that small, but thanks for the advice! :mrgreen:
Im also not skilled enough to build it that small yet... :cry4:

Saving space is the name of the game this day and age. But with a large case you get to take up as much space as you want.

cheese said:

It's not much more complicated to make the mini-amp as it is to do what you did. :p

Edit: If you were talking about the portable in general, it's still nice to have components of the portable small, for future reference. :p

Hermaphroditus said:
cheese said:

It's not much more complicated to make the mini-amp as it is to do what you did. :p

Edit: If you were talking about the portable in general, it's still nice to have components of the portable small, for future reference. :p
I wasn't really talking about any certain components, an also I think this would make it easier to troubleshoot broken parts, but in the future I will make things smaller, but since this is my first portable, I want to keep it (somewhat) simple :dahroll: .
budnespid said:
Saving space is the name of the game this day and age. But with a large case you get to take up as much space as you want.
I'm using a ZN40 case, and after the mobo, batteries, screen, wiikey, and controller, there is still space for these amps and some room to spare!

Back