Search results

1. B

Circle Pad Pro built in 2DS

This is more of a discussion than it is a question, I suppose. But I just bought a 2DS for a fairly good price and then realized that there is no Circle Pad Pro designed for it. I've found a video of a guy basically chopping one up and forcing it to work on the 2DS and it does seem to work. So I...
  2. B

Wii DVD Mobo Trim

Curious if anyone has trimmed the DVD Mobo at all? I'd love to get rid of it completely since my Wii is modded for the USB, but it needs it plugged in to function normally.
  3. B

What do you use to "meld" the plastic on your casing?

I have basically no knowledge when it comes to working with plastic. So this kind of causes a problem when trying to make my casing :p. I've looked at many worklogs and I've noticed people will cut out the button frame from the GC controller, cut a hole into their casing and use some kind of...
  4. B

Has anyone managed to get a PSP analog to work on a GC?

I've looked at numerous threads on this site about it and it's all based on the 3DS analog stick, which I do have. The PSP analog is way easier to hook up, but I've tried both the 3DS and PSP analog and it seems I can only get 80% of range on 3 directions (which is fine) but on the 4th...
  5. B

Wiiboy - BlueLemming's First Portable

Hey guys, figured I'd make a worklog for this considering how far I've gotten. This is my first portable ever. It was originally going to be a GC portable but after being unable to find a Wiikey Fusion, I decided I may as well use my Wii which was already softmodded to use a hard drive. I...
  6. B

Replacing D-Pad or buttons with tact switch

So I decided I'm going to use tact switches under a custom D-Pad I have. (First clear diagram that came up so I used it) What I'm confused about is the black pads that complete the circuit when the button is pressed. How do I solder on a tact switch to that? Will there be copper there if I...
  7. B

Will I need a volt regulator/protection circuit for my Wii?

I ordered this 12v 6800 mAH battery for my portable Wii : http://dx.com/p/ysd-12680-rechargeable- ... lue-140120 I've seen people using voltage regulators and protection circuits on their portable gamecubes. Will I need one for my Wii? I'm not to knowledgeable in the battery aspect of things.
  8. B

How do you guys keep the controller PCB up against the case?

I'm almost at the point of cutting out the holes and such for the buttons on my portable. Yet, I still have no idea how I'm going to keep the circuit board up against the faceplate of my case. I guess I could use hot glue but what if I need to take it apart again? What methods do you guys use?
  9. B

Wii GameCube controller pinouts?

I know there's a diagram for the gamecube, but it's different on the Wii and I can't seem to find one. I tried to figure it out myself using my home-made continuity tester. I took apart my controller, plugged it in and tried testing the pins but every pin acted as connected. So I dunno if it's...
  10. B

Battery requirements for Wii?

Should I just follow what the power chord says? I know it's 12 volts at 3.7 Amps, so 3700 mAH. Does that mean I just need a 12v 3700 mAH battery? I also have a 12v screen hooked up so I'd want more mAH to increase battery life right? I've been looking at this one...
  11. B

Screen hooked up to Wii loses power at random times

http://dx.com/p/4-0-tft-lcd-monitor-for ... 12v-116284 That's the screen I'm using. I hooked it up to the 12v pins from the power plugin on the Wii's motherboard. Works fine except I fear when the Wii draws a certain amount of power, the screen loses its power. Reason being is because I was...
  12. B

[Question] Do you guys keep the fan for GC portables?

The fan adds quite a bit of thickness. I was wondering if you could get away with no fan and just drill a lot of holes for air flow into the casing?
  13. B

Where can you get a WiiKey Fusion now?

It seems since it's now discontinued, every trusted retailer is out of stock. Unfortunately I cannot order from foundmy because it's payment options don't work for me. I need one that can accept mastercard payment. I'd also be okay with the WiiKey 3 which is supposedly the clone. I just need...
  14. B

Screens for GC portable & USB replacing disc drive

I'm attempting to make my first GC portable. I'm ready to start looking at screens now so I'm just wondering where the best place would be to buy them? And are there any tutorials for hooking them up or is it a generic thing that I'd be able to google RCA to (whatever screen I get)? I'm...
Back