Wii GameCube controller pinouts?

I know there's a diagram for the gamecube, but it's different on the Wii and I can't seem to find one. I tried to figure it out myself using my home-made continuity tester. I took apart my controller, plugged it in and tried testing the pins but every pin acted as connected. So I dunno if it's my tester or what, but I don't know how else I'd figure out the diagram myself.

Closest I've seen is from Ben Heck's documentation on his Wii laptop.

controller_engadget_howto.jpg

Although he still doesn't specify which pin is which. Just how to solder the ports back on with only 4 connections, although that is helpful.

Okay so using the 4 pins that Ben Heck said were used, I powered up the wii and used a multimeter to find the voltages.

Here's how it looks on the GC

gamecubecontrollerboard.jpg

And here's what I tested with the Wii.

eaqlj5.jpg

Only problem is I don't know which is data and which is logic. Is there a way to find out, or does anybody know? I suppose I could just guess and solder the wires, although I'd like to do this as cleanly as possible :p

By following this diagram

gamecube_connector_socket_labels.jpg

I'm leaning to the one beside 5v being the data line. Based on tracing the middle top controller pin (in the above diagram) to the wii port, and assuming the middle pin at the back of the wii port (which is the pin beside 5v, as it is on the controller) is the data pin. Apologies for the mouthful of a sentence.

Back