Screens for GC portable & USB replacing disc drive

I'm attempting to make my first GC portable. I'm ready to start looking at screens now so I'm just wondering where the best place would be to buy them? And are there any tutorials for hooking them up or is it a generic thing that I'd be able to google RCA to (whatever screen I get)?

I'm probably going to get a WiiKey Fusion, however its seems to be difficult to find a North American online retailer for a decent price. I'm sure I'll be able to find one but is there another mod chip or easier alternative to replace the disc drive with a USB port for hard drives?

Sorry for all the questions but I'd really appreciate any kind of help! I'm going to continue looking at other gamecube portables and see if they mention what type of screens they used.

Hey man I'm also doing my first portable so I know how you feel. For the screen you can check out 4.3: tft lcd screens on ebay. They're rear view backup screen and they work well. For the wiikey fusion I'd suggest foundmy.com, best place right now I think.

The wiikey fusion will only load off of sd cards, not USB or HDD. For that, you'll need a WODE

I'll take a look at that screen, thanks! Unfortunately foundmy.com won't work for me with it's payment and shipping options. (living out of town tends to cause problems)

SD card would actually work better for me. I've been looking around for Qoob, WiiKey Fusion, Viper Extreme but I can't find a single, well respected retailer other than foundmy that isn't out of stock. I'll look into WODE.

http://www.eachgame.me/goods-3589.html

I have found this for WiiKey Fusion but it says "repair parts" in the title so that's a little suspicious..

ProgMetalMan said:
That site has a bad rep.

I've ordered from that site before in the past, and everything worked out. Shipping took awhile though. Never the less I guess it all depends what you order from there. For me I ordered some PSP shells and some DS accessories.

Okay, be wary though.
Caution, uses one or more several fake security seals, such as:
BBB
McAfee Secure
VeriSign
Paypal Verified
Verified by Visa

Fake seals are often used by fraudulent organisations.

Ah boy, so there goes that website. I wonder if it would be easier to get one of those memory cards with SD slots so I could softmod.

oorrr would it be ideal to just do a portable Wii? Given I could softmod and it already has SD/USB ports.

The memory card adapter is called an SD Gecko and is for homebrew purposes only.

Hm well I just ordered a wiikey sd card adapter for $3.40 and it was free shipping (http://dx.com/p/wiikey-sd-card-adapter-for-wii-3993). I can't run backups from an SD card through it?

Edit: It seems every retailer is sold out of WiiKey Fusion.. at least any that would allow credit card payment and then shipping. Starting to look at clones or alternatives, one website said Wasabi DX is a direct replacement since the cancellation of WKF. Anybody know if it works with GC?

http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/wasa ... p-296.html

Hello, another option would be to install a Wode Jukebox, more expensive but you can load usb and therefore a "usb HDD", I just finished my first portable and "wiikey fusion" seems a little silly when you load a game, on occasions it has no sound, and not all games are compatible, maybe "wode jukebox" works best... :rolleyes:

Back