Xbox One

490439.jpg

LOL Microsoft shaping up to be the very worst in the business.

Sad thing is this console will probably sell huge.

The worst part is that up until a few months ago, some parts of MS were starting to become less evil... and then they changed their minds. :(

The biggest issue with the fee is that retailers will pretty much be unable to sell used games for any profit, making it worthless to even sell back your games in the first place.

I'm predicting a big "*Can'tSayThisOnTV* you" from Gamestop. Something like 40% of their sales are used games.

Zero said:
Holy *Can'tSayThisOnTV*, $52?

If that's true, then they just *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed up real bad.

taken from another site:

Sources have told Polygon that the Xbox One will not require gamers pay an activation fee to play used games, but will mandate regular checks to verify the authenticity of games.

I think the $52 rumor is not true. At least Microsoft has not confirmed it yet. Perhaps it will be true in the future.

Gamestop stocks are beginning to drop. From a business standpoint, it totally makes sense, what Microsoft is doing. I'm not sure why they waited so long to monetize used game sales. Hollywood works in a similar fashion with residuals for re-airing episodes and movies on TV.

Tchay said:
Gamestop stocks are beginning to drop. From a business standpoint, it totally makes sense, what Microsoft is doing. I'm not sure why they waited so long to monetize used game sales. Hollywood works in a similar fashion with residuals for re-airing episodes and movies on TV.
Except Hollywood does not get royalties from a person who buys a movie on DVD and then lends it to a friend or sells it.

Kickback said:
Sad thing is this console will probably sell huge.
Everyone in my school says they're not buying it.
Faith in humanity still alive... for now...

Yeah, everything I've heard about this from anyone was how they were definitely not buying it.

Was just about to post the exact same article. Have to agree with you though, so many people have lost faith in them.

Re: Re: Xbox One

Kickback said:
With the removal of the DRM, the PS4 doesn't seem that special anymore.
It's region free. That's got to count for something.

Back