WiiCUBE fusion worklog [update 22/04/12]

Its like 4 cm thick and 18 large, this is my first ever, so i left me some room, and it wasn't even enough due to a flawed design...
However i guess i have big hands cause it feels ok to me, it's a little less thick than an official controller, although the shape is totally different :rolleyes:

Well i managed to close this up, ran into many problems.
And one of them is really importannt, the fan placement, i ended up having it blowing inside the case, creating no air convection.. So it works perfect, but gets so hot it can almost burn your fingers.. I aquired a 25x8mm fan that fits and blows directly out, i can't put it in just yet, but i want to ask you guys if it will be enough with only a fan that small... It's current is only 1,6 CFM..

lyberty5 said:
Well i managed to close this up, ran into many problems.
And one of them is really importannt, the fan placement, i ended up having it blowing inside the case, creating no air convection.. So it works perfect, but gets so hot it can almost burn your fingers.. I aquired a 25x8mm fan that fits and blows directly out, i can't put it in just yet, but i want to ask you guys if it will be enough with only a fan that small... It's current is only 1,6 CFM..

Those are micro fans right? Why not have 2 side by side sucking hot air out. If its the micro fan I'm thinking of, 1 won't be enough. The ccube had several microfans in it and still got too hot (granted my heatsink setup was bad).

I thought of that of course but i can only fit one out.. Maybe two out, will that make a difference?

DONE !

120512025800656924.jpg

Finished thread : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9899

Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWTUDm4HrOY

Back