WiiCUBE fusion worklog [update 22/04/12]

lyberty5

Alright, it's time this became a worklog. So i'm in the process of hoping to make a wiikey fusion equiped gcp :awesome: ealrly pics of the case :

110822084252735857.jpg

110822084343666722.jpg

Case is far from completion, had a lot of trouble with vac forming 2mm plastic and it needs lots more bondo, that coat of paint was only to check imperfections :dah:

Re: need help building my gcp

Though I'm not that good with screens (because I can't get mine into my case with cutting something) my best bret would be your second choice. It says it can operate with as low as 9V. The folding screen; judging from the pictures it looks like the PCB board and all internals are in the casing and not behind the screen itself. This is only my opinion so you don't to take my advice I'm just telling you what I would buy out of these three.

Oh and the case looks great.

Dunno about the others, but this one's the one I used. I ran it off a 9V battery- it could probably go down to 7.4V.

Get the one XCVG linked, or one that looks like it. You want one in that style because the others have controller boards that hang off the side of the LCD.

I dunno anything about those screens really, but that case looks pretty Dang nice so far man.

Indeed it does. Flat blue? It looks edible. May I eat it?

Please?

Looks great! Did you decide not to finish your other one? That flanked case was flipping amazing.

unicycler17 said:
Looks great! Did you decide not to finish your other one? That flanked case was flipping amazing.

More or less, it needs little work for the controller/screen half, but for budget reason i certainly won't be starting a disk based system for my first gcp since now WKF's are so tempting.

Also the case is flat blue for now, but it certainly will be a lighter and glossyier blue that i reserved for it, with white drawings (still have to make my mind about those)

And thank you guys for the compliments and help. Although i think i'll try the foldable screen, since, in my experience, screen's that say 9-16V end up only working on 9-16V... and i do not care about board placement to be honest, only the size of it matters ^^

Merci :awesome:

(also, help is still welcome and awaited about those screens :dah: )

Kyosho said:
Indeed it does. Flat blue? It looks edible. May I eat it?

Please?

I'd probably try to eat it too.

First and second screens should run off 7.4v fine, don't know about the 3rd one. Heck, I've run those first two off of 3.3v before.

SS

my pth8080 outputs 3.39V, will it power my gc? because it doesn't seem to, even though it isn't fried... :gonk:

Re: need help building my gcp [uptdated with casing pics]

yes i have...

Alright guys i'm pretty pissed i can't stand my gc not powering up. My regulator outputs 1.9 an 3.39V, so it should be ok right? I also used thick ass wire.
My cube powers on at 12V with the old regulator board (so i'm sure it isn't fried), but never does with my homemade regulator.

Here is a huge pic of my setup, red wire is output, black is ground, yellow is input.
http://nsa27.casimages.com/img/2011/09/ ... 918935.jpg
My only guess is that the problem is the tiny ass wire going out of the battery, that should maybe be thicker... but i bought this battery nicely insulated from zenloc, and i doubt he would have insulated it if i ghad to open it again... Anyway see for yourself :

110904015756919394.jpg

Other than that, the back part of the case is almost done, the paint you see is supposed to be the right color, but it did'nt work right... i might need to chaqnge it or get an other one.

110904015833822142.jpg

110904015808376244.jpg

110904015453911929.jpg

110904015506546374.jpg

110904015624869934.jpg

Anyways you can see lots of problem with this case, they mostly boil down to the fact that i had to use a bad vac formed case, for timing issues...

Anyway thanks for reading and please help... i'm desperate...

Re: WiiCUBE fusion worklog [update 09/04/11]

Ok let try a couple of things:

1. Test the custom regulators with the original power supply and make sure you are getting the right voltages. Then test it with the gamecube. If it still doesn't work maybe one of the regulators isn't operating properly and needs te be replaced.

2. The battery I sold you I tested on a n64 portable. It powered that up with the thin thickness of the wire. The gamecube however might need thicker wire. I would try it just to be sure. Only try this ofcourse if number 1 is working if not then it has nothing to do with the battery.

3. Meassure all voltage connections when the gamecube is turned on. Make sure it is getting enough voltage.

4. Which regulators are you using for the voltages?

quick but determinant question, can i bend the pins on these cells? cause i goes in my case but i have to force it in, isn't that an issue?

111022055836920611.jpg

thanks

So long as you don't break them and they still make contact properly, it should be fine.

Many updates, to be detailled later ^^ just a few questions for now,

will this kind of fan (maybe two of them) will be able to keep my mobo cool enough, not this one exactly, i haven't made my mind yet, but i need to know if that would work... and also if it does direct the airflow to the plastic openig on the bottom, and not in front. thanks, this will determin wether batteries will be internal or not...

111224061534203648.jpg

few pics showing some progress :

111224060646855884.jpg

111224060654264912.jpg

Measure the resistance of the resistor in your you 3.3v reg circuit.

Why would I ? I don't have problems with power regulation no more ^^

Back