WII MINI COME GET READY FOR PORTABILIZING!!

as other's said, I doubt you won't be able to add gamecube ports and compatability to the new wii even if it is designed. just look at the sega nomad. With some work you can add a P1 controller port , as well as 32x and master system compatibility.

Take a look

38734-850-637.jpg

Wii-mini-007.jpg

Its a tight fit, but it looks like the original motherboard could indeed fit in the mini, after getting rid of the disc drive cover of the original wii.

Engadget tested it with a USB to Ethernet adapter, but somehow the wording of the article makes me wonder if they tested it with Nintendo's official adapter. As far as I know even the regular Wii won't work with just any adapter. It also does appear to be running some sort of customized firmware as according to Engadget there weren't even options in the menu for Internet or WiiConnect24. It's not much, but that is some amount of customization, so who knows just what else has been changed.

A quick Google search found pictures of the innards of the new Wii. Sorry the images are rather low resolution, but as I said, quick search.

http://www.zoneaccro.com/wii-mini-teardown

Looks like a very different console inside, I don't know how successful adding Gamecube controllers and memory cards will be though. At the very least though we might be able to use the much slimmer DVD drives for something. Past that, no clue.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!

THE MOTHERBOARD IS DIFFERENT.

Now, whether or not this is a good thing remains to be seen. It looks simplified and squished. Here's the best pic I can find right now (its a crap picture):

FRONTSIDE WII MINI
New-wii-mini-demantelement-zoneaccro-32.jpg

FRONTSIDE WII BIGGY
Wii-motherboard.jpg

BACKSIDE WII MINI
New-wii-mini-demantelement-zoneaccro-34.jpg

BACKSIDE WII BIGGY
pl435970-nintendo_wii_repair_parts_standard_size_dvd_drive_motherboard_usa_version.jpg

Like I said the pictures are godawful. Hopefully they fire the 5 year old who took these pics and upload better ones soon. LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!

Looks like wifi might be possible. P13 looks to be the same as the Wii's wifi port (also labeled P13). A custom firmware would be needed to bring back networking.

vskid3 said:
Looks like wifi might be possible. P13 looks to be the same as the Wii's wifi port (also labeled P13). A custom firmware would be needed to bring back networking.
may be able to copy another Wii's firmware over via bootmii.

It looks like the sd spot is still on the board so should not be hard to add it. Once thats there homebrew is back in buisness

Maybe its just me but without sd slot and vc games whats the point. I think this this is an attempt to bring the Wii to place where the PS2 was really popular. I like the way it looks but without VC and SD I would just stick with old one. I find them for $50 to $65 all the time anyway and they support Gamecube as well.

Back