Wii DVD/Wiikey Fusion/WODE (sd/hdd loading) on Gamecube

Hugo_Peters said:
I got another little question, is the picture of the GC mobo-disc-drive-connector pins in the superguide, taken from the front or back of the mobo?

dvdconnector.jpg
Gamecube_dvd_connector-2.jpg

This? Right below where it says P5 is memory card slot 2.

Jidan said:
Hugo_Peters said:
I got another little question, is the picture of the GC mobo-disc-drive-connector pins in the superguide, taken from the front or back of the mobo?

dvdconnector.jpg
Gamecube_dvd_connector-2.jpg

This? Right below where it says P5 is memory card slot 2.
Okay, so it's the down side? (just to be sure :lol:)

And has someone got videos from the WODE working with GC?

Thats the top of the motherboard (processor side). I'll get some better pics up when I have time.

I'm just done soldering the flatcable (a cut IDE cable :awesome:) to the GC Mobo and GEE WHAT IS IT EASY!
Seriously even a kid could do this.
Just put the wires ~through~ the holes of the connectors and you're DONE! :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Does this look any good to you?
WIIKEYCONNECTGC-1.jpg

WIIKEYCONNECTGC-2.jpg

WIIKEYCONNECTGC-3.jpg

WIIKEYCONNECTGC-4.jpg

(Don't mind the memory card pins, gotta clean that up! :p)

I also edited the pinout of Ashen to make it more clear and easier.
GameCube%20-to-%20WiiKey%20Fusion%20pinout%20%5BAshen%20and%20Hugo_Peters%5D.png

~THIS IS FOR WIIKEY USAGE~

Did I understand it right? :oops:

~Hugo

Jidan said:
Hugo_Peters said:
Did I understand it right? :oops:

~Hugo

Yep, ya done good kid :p

What'd you mange to do to your memory card slot? Hahah

YAY!

Errr... :lol: well about that, that was for an old memory card to SD card converter...
I soldered it directly to the board and it worked perfectly!
But since my Qoob is dead (and I still don't know why :p) it's useless so I "perfectly soldered it nice and patience :lol:" from the board.

~Hugo

EDIT: LOL, fun fact, I just saw I have a board made in Japan and one made in Phils.

Anyone know which pins gotta be shorted to get rid of that "An error has occurred"?
Because I still don't have money for my WiiKey and I already soldered the wires of the connector!

With all these new mods going on, I just want to throw this link out in the open as a friendly reminder :)

Its a good idea to look over this thread below to prepare yourself for the wiikey fusion mod

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5863

^ oh and could a mod please sticky this? (I still use it a lot and it saves time not looking for each thread).
thx!

Has anyone tried a CPU-50 board yet? Or how do I tell what IPL my board is otherwise? (I don't have access to a SD Homebrew adapter)
Thanks.

Also, what would be the best place to buy a WiiKey Fusion?

I don't really get it... Does a Wii DD (without modchip) work on a GC ? if so, why not using a simple Qoob pro modchip ?

kill00man said:
I don't really get it... Does a Wii DD (without modchip) work on a GC ? if so, why not using a simple Qoob pro modchip ?

It works without a modchip, but you need to solder the correct pins from the gamecube to the drive, you can't just plug the wii drive into the gamecube. And if you install the wii drive, you can use wii modchips to play burned gamecube games.

Wii modchips act a bit funny on the GC. The only one confirmed half working so far is the original wiikey, but only plays cross region originals. Not backups. Not all wii drivechips have been tested though. Feel free to contribute your findings if you try.

Well i've just got a wii DD for 20€ so I'll try soon I think ;)
@Ashen : In your super guide (the link in the first post), it's written that the Wode is fully working, does it mean that the Wii DD (original & backups & homebrews) and SD/USB ( homebrews & backups ) are working ?

I dont think the wode was tested hooked to a wii dvd drive on the GC. I dont have one to test personally... Yet. SD/HDD loading is fully working though.

I think I probly will too.... Only 30 bucks, free shipping. It says the only difference is the price, so it should work.

Do any of you who have this hooked up have a Game Boy Player handy? If so, could you possibly try an image of the Game Boy Player boot disc and see if it works? I'm considering doing a GC/GBA portable and I'm curious. I don't have the GB Player yet though (nor the Wiikey Fusion).

Kyosho said:
Do any of you who have this hooked up have a Game Boy Player handy? If so, could you possibly try an image of the Game Boy Player boot disc and see if it works? I'm considering doing a GC/GBA portable and I'm curious. I don't have the GB Player yet though (nor the Wiikey Fusion).

If no one else can, I'll test it when my wiikey adaptor board comes from Ashen :awesome:

Back