What should I do with this?

Twilight Wolf

Frequent Poster
Today, as part of our orthodontist's treatment plan, my sister (who got her braces off today) and I both got iPods.

...iPod Shuffles. :/

I can't say I was expecting much better, and it didn't cost me anything, but still, I don't really want a Shuffle. If I want portable music, I can use my old Nano or my PSP. They, at the very least, show me what the Heck I'm listening to and let me navigate my music easily, plus I don't have to either use Apple's earbuds or pay them an extra $30 to use my own. In short, it's useless to me. So I ask you, citizens of MR, what should I do with the Shuffle I got?

Write *Can'tSayThisOnTV* you Apple on it and then burn it/destroy/obliterate it.

βeta said:
Sell it, buy something useful.

This is what I'm leaning most towards. Selling it poses a problem, however. If I sell it on eBay, some of my earnings get eaten up by fees. I'm not sure if anyone here would want it because Shuffles are so stupid aaaaarghh

Also, shipping. It couldn't be done very quickly since I have to wait until I'm in town.

grossaffe said:
put it in a NES controller

Still have the issues I described in my original post. I could go to any garage sale and buy an el cheapo MP3 player if I wanted to do that and it would be tons easier to use.

samjc3 said:
sell it, buy some other pointless device, do something cool with it.

Again, what I'm leaning most towards.

DJ711 said:
Write *Can'tSayThisOnTV* you Apple on it and then burn it/destroy/obliterate it.

Wasteful.

mako321 said:
Put it into a laptop and call it usb compatible.

Wha...?

open it up, figure out a way to wire a tiny lcd in it, like out of a pokewalker, and cut a hole int he case to fit it. SHAZAM, you have a ipod that displays what you are playing.....however it doesn't solve the navigation problem.

Way out of my league to figure out something like that, plus it's far too much effort for too little payoff, really, especially when I already have a perfectly good Nano.

Ishmael1010 said:
open it up, figure out a way to wire a tiny lcd in it, like out of a pokewalker, and cut a hole int he case to fit it. SHAZAM, you have a ipod that displays what you are playing.....however it doesn't solve the navigation problem.

You'd still have to program it to display what is playing.

adding an lcd would be ridiculous. the nano has no screen driver, nor, to my knowledge, does it output data on what is playing, so realistically, it isnt possible. plus its is way smarter to just buy a better mp3 player (see: sansa clip)

Maybe if someone could figure out how to program the processor on the shuffle it would be doable.

But WAY USELESS lol.

Back