(Very possibly) visiting Japan, what should I get?

Get some Super Famicom controllers. They'll work in a US console with no modification, but the cord is only 4ft. Better yet, get a Super Famicom too. A Hori Mini Pad might be a good idea as well.

Yellowtaiiiiiiiil.

I've been eating sushi my whole life. My mom managed a Japanese restaurant when I was born.

Get a famicom and any games for it. Grab me a Famicom Disk System, I need more. Especially grab a game called "Gimmick!" if you find it. Game Boy Pockets too.

Search your heart out for the gameboy game X :dah:

250px-X_Game_Boy_game_cover.jpeg

If you can that is :p

It's sorta star fox's spiritual ancestor.

I'm gonna bring a whole suitcase to fit all of the stuff I buy.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna try to find the game X for the Game Boy, along with Beatmania GB 2.

Gonna find a Super Famicom w/controllers. The SFC can play NTSC games right?

Gonna find one of those Famicom-FDS dual systems.

Gonna find 3 Hori Mini Pads and sell them for $60 each in the states.

Gonna find some Sega Saturn, FC and SFC games.

Anything else?

SFC can play NTSC games, but US NTSC games will not physically fit. This can be fixed by removing the case of either the cartridge or SFC, using an adaptor (a modified Game Genie works), or modding either the game or SFC. I recommend you buy or build an adaptor. It can play PAL games if modded.

Also, if you can find one cheap, get a Neo Geo AES. The Japanese version is cheaper and more common. The BIOS is soldered but is a standard DIP. It's not hard to mod it with a US or Universe BIOS.

if I give you money can you buy me a famicom,gameboys,a disk system and a couple horiminipads??

If I had more luggage space I definitely would. Sorry man. Besides, I don't know how good the exchange rate will be once I get there.

And if I can find a DMG-style Game Boy Pocket, I will get it.

If you do come across it, buy Mother. It's a GREAT game if you can read Japanese, and the pastel look of the sprites makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. If you do manage to get a Fami/Disk combo system, this would make a great game even if it's the only one you get. A little warning though, it requires quite a bit of level grinding.

Also, if you can find some FDS disks for super cheap and you have the right parts you can actually make a FDS disk writer.

if you find DMG style gameboy pockets...get a couple, I've been looking for one, bonus points if it has battery LED

Back