Trimmed GC video problem

Rbby258

after doing the omgwtf trim on my pal cube, i soldered everything i needed to get it to run and display on my tv but i get some weird video problem

DSCF9380.jpg

the edges might look a bit bad but there perfectly sanded with a air die grinder and was cut by it to

DSCF9376.jpg

i couldnt get no display taking the video strait from the chip so i took it from here

DSCF9377.jpg

also took my av cable apart to wire in the cap and resistor cause at first i only had a composite cable going strait from the cube to the tv but that gave me the same image it does with the cap added

DSCF9378.jpg

taking composite ground from this

DSCF9382.jpg

That is the digital port you're connecting to. you'll never get a useable signal from there without a component cable.

It looks like you've already tried wiring direct to the 7th pin down on the other side of the chip? You get no video from there?

Wire to here:

IMG_0036.jpg

That's the same thing that happened to my PAL board when I cut it.

:lol: (Credit goes to Ashen of course.)

Thanks sonyqrio works fine now, is there any other problems further down the line with that board or should I be fine now, also in that picture how did you cut your board looks perfect thanks, Rob

That's actually Ashen's picture, and his technique. However, all you have to do is Dremel it down and then take a sander and sand it until it's level.

Grab Pin 2 from the controller. It's red on this diagram:

gamecubecontrollerboardnd0.jpg

(Credit to Bentomo.)

And wire it to P1 (red as well) as shown here:

AlmostWTFControllerRelocation.jpg

(Credit to Ashen)

Back