The Software Preferences Thread - MY APP CAN BEAT YOUR APP

zeturi

DEMON PIE!
SPLIT FROM "Show us your desktop!"
Formerly known as: Browser Wars (split from Show us your desktop!)

5d7bbde5.jpg

Windows XP SP3 with pretty much every setting turned down to low, nearly all startup applications turned off, no Automatic Updates, and no antivirus warnings. I use only CCleaner and Spybot Search and Destroy to protect my computer, and defrag about every month. Only takes about 30 minutes, since I use a 4 GB drive. Pretty fast for an Atom notebook, I use VLC Media player and GMABooster for watching movies, plays youtube and 480p MP4s like butter.

Whoops, forgot, this isn't show us your computer specs. :oops:

Re: Show us your desktop!

No automatic updates? No antivirus? Relying solely on Spybot? :facepalm: At least run AntiVir and turn Automatic Updates on (unless you're using a copy of Windows you're not supposed to...)

Mako321 said:
Firefox on an atom?
WHYYY

Fixed that for you. :trollface:

:p I'm used to firefox, so I keep using it.

My Windows installation is legal, but I don't ever use updates or anything. I wipe my computer clean every month, so even if something somehow got on my computer, it wouldn't be there for long. I don't visit any sites except for here, Benheck, my email and ebay on occasion. There's not much dangerous stuff that I can get from those.

In all likeliness, it'd probably be more practical to just use one of those android tablets, since they're less prone to viruses.

It works great on a real PC. Extremely fast, customizable to be even faster, and the functionality it offers is arguably unmatched.

Opera is for queers
Chrome is for idiots
Firefox is for real men

/disagree

Chrome wins. Firefox eats up too much processing power to multitask.

Do you want it?
I wish I knew the source, but I grabbed it from 4chan, so... yeah...
It IS apparently designed for Windows 7, though, and the empty spot at the bottom is kinda apparent on anything else. But it still looks good either way.

I used to use Firefox but quit because Opera was faster and uses fewer resources -- a plus when I'm gaming and I want to alt+tab to look up something. I also like the more minimal interface. Leaves more room for, you know, webpages.

Chrome crashes on me constantly, and despite its claim that each tab uses a separate process to prevent taking the whole browser down when one tab goes down, it's never worked that way. If one tab crashes, oops your whole browser and all your tabs are gone lol

Opera is usually very stable, and if it starts to act up, it either clears up or I can close the offending tab before the whole browser dies.

'kay, no more off-topic-ing from me.

I would use Opera but some sites don't function properly using Opera. Opera is considerably faster then both Firefox and Chrome though.

Oh, and Firefox is for real men.

I've used chrome, firefox, and opera. I have notice more things work on chrome, and I like using it. However I missed my addons that were on firefox. When chrome gets more functionality and addons I'll start using it primarily.

Jidan said:
/disagree

Chrome wins. Firefox eats up too much processing power to multitask.

Uhh..No. I currently have Firefox open with 39 tabs and according to task manager its using 00-01% of my CPU. Do you mean RAM? Because even then, as long as you have a half-way decent PC it shouldn't be an issue.

Twilight Wolf said:
Chrome crashes on me constantly, and despite its claim that each tab uses a separate process to prevent taking the whole browser down when one tab goes down, it's never worked that way. If one tab crashes, oops your whole browser and all your tabs are gone lol

Same here, Chrome is a great backup browser, but I find it too buggy for normal use. Most of the time when one tab messes up, it slows down or crashes the entire browser, and tabs crash MUCH more frequently than Firefox, even though I only have 1-5 open on Chrome and usually have 20+ open on Firefox.

Eh, Firefox likes to eat up more than Chrome does for me. Iunno.

Back