The Printed-Cube? (working title)

#3DPrinterProblems

These are the kind of problems that kind of make me glad I have to Frankencase everything lol.

I'm really interested to see how this turns out for you

naimlessone said:
#3DPrinterProblems

These are the kind of problems that kind of make me glad I have to Frankencase everything lol.

I'm really interested to see how this turns out for you

It all works out the same in the end really. All the time he's spending modeling, tweaking, redesigning, and repeating, you will spend the same amount of time applying spot putty/bondo/abs slurry and sanding and sanding and sanding and (you get the drift). A common occurrence I've noticed (In general, not you specifically. Just seems like a good time to bring it up) is that 3D printing is not magic and a lot of time goes into modeling and tweaking designs so it's not just click and print all the time. In my Nomad Jr. case I'm sure I have over 40 hours invested just in modeling and tweaking and I still have to fix the top part some.

It all depends on what you enjoy though. I'd rather put 120 over hours of work into a 3D printed case than put even 10 hours into a frankencase mod, just because I enjoy CAD more. Someone who has more "hands on" experience than computer modeling probably feels the exact opposite way.

Yeah I agree a lot with Wallydawg. I enjoy 3D modeling much more so far because it allows me to have a theoretically perfect case and I spent hours and hours of my last portable trying to get it perfect and never reaching the level I wanted.

Back