The First Mod You've Ever Done!

I guess I can't play my stereo type myself, then.

Time to go hotglue triforces onto perfectly good cases and WOSHIP niblet.

SS

I swapped the red LED on my NES for a green one. ;) I did that about 7 years ago. I think my dad taught me how to solder when I was 7.

I made a dim "flashlight" using an indecasent light with wires on it taken out of a VHS rewinder, cellophane tape, and two D-Cells, and a metal strip from said rewinder.

It's very dim (like you-can't-notice-it-from-5-meters-away dim) but I pretended to have little adventures around the tiny house I used to live when there are regular power cuts around 12 hours a day in the mid 90's.

Aaahh... I miss being small again....

holy flax! aguliuz! you dissapeared, and you were born again from your ashes! You remind me of my pet phoenix.

I can't remember if I AA modded my VMU or built an SNES->PC adapter first. Though I'm sure I've done something before either of those.

edit: oh wait, I remember good fun had in high-school modding pens so that they squirt water/ink/whatever you put in them. Good fun. Could get really good distance, too. Best was replacing an unsuspecting teacher's pen :awesome:

I've built stuff before this, but I think my first actual mod was the first N64p attempt. I killed it and got depressed for half a year.

Installed a modchip for my ps2 so I could play my imported Final Fantasy 10 international. At the time FreeMcBoot didn't exist (either that or I was just to negligent to notice its existence) and SwapMagic was not going to cut it.

eurddrue said:
holy flux! aguliuz! you dissapeared, and you were born again from your ashes! You remind me of my pet phoenix.

To Heck and back again! :lol: Actually, I was just busy with my real-life business. Ryerson University rejected me after making me pay $200 total for processing :wtf:, having a hard time at school, having even harder time keeping a special relationship afloat... But anyway, I'm doing alright.... I hope.

Back on topic: The "flashlight" had no power switch, it was a closed circuit until the battery died about a week or two when I built it.

I first built a portable N64 by taping a portable TV to my controller and having the console + battery cluster + games in my school bag. This is going back 1998 now. Eventually I got banned from bringing it in because I was causing a disruption and people thought it would get nicked or broken and then it went back to being an ordinary N64 until it was sold. This probably pre-dates nearly all portables made but it was by no means elegant. My first true portable didn't happen until about 2003, which was a gamecube. That gamecube was recycled into another more elegant portable and from there, I guess my portable gamecube work took off

Back