The Cube Boy *UPDATE 05/23/13*

Re: The Cube Boy *update 05/31/12*

DSCN0166.jpg

Re: The Cube Boy *UPDATE 05/02/13*

NEAR YEAR UPDATE!!!
Nearly a whole year since the last update wow, sorry about the delay guys. I don't have any giant fancy pictures for you but I've got some good news. Since my last update the amazing emukid has released a wiki flasher so you don't need the button anymore. And RDC has been selling 3DS slider adapters for proper analog range for gamecube controllers. Over the past couple days I've been buying some parts.

I've ordered:
an audio amp
the mini lenovo heatsink
3ds sliders caps and ds lite speakers
analog adapters for the sliders from RDC
and several "broken" gamecube controllers on ebay (just broken cosmetically so they're perfect for this project)

So all that's left to order will be the big ones, the battery and the screen. (and some fancy new paint colors too)

I'll be ordering a few screens at once to save on shipping since I'm buying the nice kind from aliexpress. I'm also going to be incorporating an internal charger for the system and use a 3 position switch to go back and forth between the charging position and the battery playing position for maximum charge and play battery goodness. This feature was supposed to be in the phoenix cube but in my infinite wisdom I fried the internal charger. So the cube will just use a single gamecube power supply as the wall power and charger.

So what's next for the project?
Expect a trimmed controller board to be in the future updates, mounted into the front of the shell, and tested for best playing comfort. once I have that done I'll finish trimming the gamecube and getting rid of that darn complicated part at the front for a near OMGWTF cut. Other than that lots of measuring and abs cementing in screw posts, mostly case work to come.

Speaking of which I may be working with a 3d printer soon, no promises but that might be happening so it will be worked into this project with a few parts, like the triggers, screw posts, etc.

Thanks for your patience guys expect updates within May!!!
:awesomemrL: :awesomemrL: :awesomemrL: :awesomemrL: :awesomemrL: :awesomemrL: :awesomemrL: :awesomemrL: :awesomemrL: :awesomemrL: :awesomemrL: :awesomemrL: :awesomemrL:

*UPDATE 05/23/13*

Alright everyone now for some actual progress, I wired up an SD gecko, and a 128mb memory card. I also added the clock battery and flashed my wiikey with autoboot firmware. Everything is going well, the next step will be doing some casework and cutting down the controller. And finally some pics!

20130523130333090_zps5e400f57.jpg

20130523130349921_zps49dbb6c2.jpg

20130523130420354_zpsa4724c0f.jpg

Parts are still coming in the mail and more work will come soon.

Back