The afternoon projects thread

HAH! Super Mario 2, what a piece of crap. But the famicom adaptor is nice, where'd you get it?

XCVG said:
HAH! Super Mario 2, what a piece of crap. But the famicom adaptor is nice, where'd you get it?

HEY NOW!!!

I love Super Mario 2! Deff my 2nd favorite Mario game ever!

XCVG said:
Know just becuse the copied doki-doki-panick dosnt mean it's not a great game. And I traded Mario Kart Advanced for the adaptor.What a steal!
AfroLH said:
HEY NOW!!!

I am sorry I said I hope you Arfo spontaiously combusts. Your cool now whats your favorite game?

banditpaw1 said:
AfroLH said:
HEY NOW!!!

I am sorry I said I hope you Arfo spontaiously combusts. Your cool now whats your favorite game?

No, you just happened to realize it late. :tophat:

Super Mario Bros 3. or Super Mario World.
Its a really hard decision. They both bring back so many memories! :cry4:

AfroLH said:
banditpaw1 said:
AfroLH said:
HEY NOW!!!

No, you just happened to realize it late. :tophat:

Super Mario Bros 3. or Super Mario World.
Its a really hard decision. They both bring back so many memories! :cry4:
I have yet to play smb 3 on the nes only on my wii
Mario FTW :awesome:

This reminds me of how I put all my games in alphabetical order next to the system.. I might just have to take a picture.

I have done a few afternoon projects lately. No pics until camera gets a newe battery.

For one, I had a GBC with a dead speaker. Replaced it with one from a gba mobo I had lying around.

as another project, I made a big extension cord. Our pool filter crapped out, and it had a good 25 foot cord on it. So I grabbed and old wall socket we had lying around and soldered it to the sord. 3 sticks of hotglue and a foot of electricians tape later, it is done and completely waterproof.

I fixed a friend's Silver cartridge.

It had a dead battery. I'd tried to replace it before with a too-big battery, which was glued on to. It fell off. I finally decided to fix it again. I couldn't find a lithium battery so I decided to try an alkaline one out of a calculator. I didn't want to heat up the soldering iron so I just cut the wires shorter and taped them on. Then I found out I could fold the sucker flat and it would (barely) fit in the case as it is. The exceedingly tight and slightly bulged case puts enough pressure on it to keep in contact. And it turns out 1.5V is enough! Also, I put an LED in the hole where the wires exited the case. Maybe I'll get some pics. Anyway it's passed my short term test, I'll test it again tomorrow (ie see if the savegame is still there).

@bandit- Nice...uh...handwriting :rolleyes:
@drue & bac- +1
@icarus- I do that too :oops:
@madhacker & XCVG- Thanks for posting a real project :clap:
@SS- :awesome:

Okay, I have many cards, so I made a system. Go cardboard and duct tape! :awesome:

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

Those cards above are teh cooliest.
IMG_0307.jpg

DINGOO BOX YAY!

SS

You can technically only have two "final" cards in your hand, bro. And, I never realized I had that many cards :eek:

Are they just fancy lights or do they serve a purpose? Like an equalizer for "Beat it" from micheal jackson? :p

! bought a nes with SMB3 in bad shape...7 bucks. Horrible connecter. so, i figured i might try and refurbish it, but i would probably break it. My attempt proved well, and it works! I also cleaned a bubble bobble i got for 1$. :mrgreen:

Some of you may remember the big, ugly radio I made a while back.
RP1.JPG

Some of you may also remember that I bought an accessory set with a little radio in it.

GCradio.JPG

This is the result. The game case I had before from a DS accessory set which I bought for the car charger and case. These game cases are utterly useless (all they do is make games bigger, they are actually way tough and don't need protection) but they make nice little cases for small projects. The end is really ugly with exposed circuit board because I couldn't get the headphone jack or the volume switch (yes, it's a 3-position switch) off.
GCradio2.JPG

Insides. You can see half of my crude battery contacts and how the end is wired up. There are two buttons for tuning, I rewired them to tact switches. That was two firsts. The first time I lifted an SMD pin (with x-acto and soldering iron) and the first time I've used ribbon cable. The power LED is a bit back but still visible. I forgot the power switch (again!) until the end so it had to go on the other end.

Compared to the old radio, this one is way smaller, argubly easier to tune, and almost as reliable. On the other hand, this one has no built-in speaker and no AM capability (the old one was AM-capable but I took the swich out. It's ugly but not as ugly as the old one.

Back