The afternoon projects thread

Re: The afternoon projects thread, "Pkg50 tactile"

By the time you actually get off hold to report it, the miles will be back to what they were.

jleemero said:
Lol, nice.
*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing Honda.

That was way easier than it should have been.
Yep, I had read it was easy, but I didn't expect it to be that easy. A monkey could probably do it.
ttsgeb said:
Great... now I'm going to have to make my truck OBD II compliant, and get that meter...
Lol, might be easier to just buy a 96' or newer truck. Or wait until the engine dies and replace it with a newer one along with all the wiring.
As long as I don't try to pass it off as being low miles if I sell it, I should be fine. Not that that will be any time soon, I plan on keeping it until it has well over 200k on the new odometer unless something drastic happens. Should be able to easily do it with the stock engine and tranny.

BAH who wants easy anyway? it's already OBD, I would just need to make it thinks there are a few sensors in there that aren't for that trinket to work anyway, right? Chances are it only needs a couple of the wires for what I want to do, anyway.

BAH easy, I'm here to do stupid stuff, not easy.

OBD-II communicates with the computer, it doesn't take the values directly from the sensor. So you would have to at the least get an OBD-II ECU. You might be in luck if there weren't any major revisions made to your engine until after 96'.

I found my Dreamcast, and after finding out discs could be burned for it I realized how awesome it it. So I added a VGA port, SD card slot, reset button, and overclock switch.

Spewing wires everywhere before closing it up (which literally took at least a half-hour on its own):
250m4w4.jpg

SD card slot:
9qz509.jpg

Back, with VGA plugged in:
1zzkrhy.jpg

24q32ae.jpg

Side, showing the SD card, reset button, and overclock switch:
72uer9.jpg

My custom companion cube VMU icon I made with DreamExplorer:
c0qj9.jpg

I used a DPDT switch for the overclock switch, so normal speed is orange:
1zg46y0.jpg

And overclocked is red. Also, the white LED there between controller ports B and C is the SD activity indicator.
35j0210.jpg

The essence of mod just poors out of this, it's been a while since a complex and awesome mod has been posted.

I love Mario's work.

Even the "generic" flax he does, he does incredibly well.

jleemero said:
I love Mario's work.

Even the "generic" flax he does, he does incredibly well.
Yep, I was just looking at it and thinking "why do I never have the motivation to actually do something like this?"

I love you guys so much. <3
And that, coming from Jlee, is like praise from God.

Here are a few pictures of it running from my 1280x1024 monitor. The Dreamcast outputs 640x480, by the way.
What game, you ask? I'm sure it's obvious.

1zel0zb.jpg

199pn9.jpg

2liylc9.jpg

inb4 SS " :dolphin: "

I was looking through quickly, and I thought it said "Dinner of the Future."

Nice job, Mario, that looks fantastic!

189380_1923344606217_1320158119_32247587_4839459_n.jpg

This is the Character selection image for Steve from minecraft in Super Meat Boy. I decided to make a mask for a profile picture, mocking the promotional image Mojang made when they announced the steve heads for GDC.

My brother's 19" LCD HDTV broke a few days ago. He said it was mine if I wanted it. Cracked it open and found a leaky capacitor (and a couple others bulging that were about to open up). Popped 'em out and soldered in new ones in their place and now I've got myself a new TV :awesomegrossaffe:

Back