The afternoon projects thread

I would make a hole in the back of that drawer to help with airflow. Its not a good idea to run the PS3 in such a closed space.

Zero said:
I would make a hole in the back of that drawer to help with airflow. Its not a good idea to run the PS3 in such a closed space.
Yeah, I'm only really keeping it there until I can get enough room on my desk to fit it. The air also comes out of the open space. Makes my room quite hot which is nice, I also put my laptop cooling pad down there and plugged it into the PS3 which helps keep it from overheating.

Basement_Modder said:
0wnage Modz said:
Ahh! Bacteria!
This coming from a guy who wasn't even a member here before he was banned. :/
Just because I wasn't here before it happened, doesn't mean I can't read posts. Not to be a dick, but come on. Common sense.

Ownage, B_M:

stfu_noob_dogs.jpg

Woke up, it was snowy outside, school cancelled. I made a snowman. It wasn't very good, but had LED lights for eyes that I ghetto rigged with coin cells and tape.

2iky3ra.jpg

Hard to tell in this picture, but all three lit up. I decided to pull the LEDs after about five minutes because it wasn't very bright and wasted batteries. I tried spraying a face on, but it failed, and I put in a diode for a mouth. I was seconds away (I had the camera and was turning it on) from getting a picture when it collapsed.

34exrg3.jpg

I also added some fans I pulled from power supplies to my PC. I had to solder up a harness, but I *gasp* used heatshrink this time. It's a bit louder now, which is okay, but has a really annoying subharmonic. I might get used to it, or I might shell out for decent fans. Then again, I'm going to be investing in a Sandy Bridge rig soon (as in within 2011). I also slapped a Swiffer cloth filter on it to keep dust out.

ShockSlayer said:
Ownage, B_M:

stfu_noob_dogs.jpg
Was this directed at me or him?

I still think I won. This guy wasn't affected by it in any way, and him having an opinion in the matter that he relates to others is like me relating my opinions on 9/11 to those of a firefighter on the front lines or a survivor. Its all secondhand.

Also,

XCVG-nice snowman, etc.

DJ-nice ghetto-rigged PS3 shelf.

Update: There is now a hole in the back of that shelf for the air, before it would feel like a heater. That and I had both my 360 on and my PS3. It got quite hot in my room.

D.J said:
Twilight Wolf said:
Mako321 said:
UNCHARTED 2 YUS

But I see no Uncharted 1.

I am disappoint.
Bought off eBay, arriving today.

Good to hear. My disappoint has disappeared. :awesome:

Basement_Modder said:
PalmerTech said:
Things get hot in my room all the time.

:awesome: