The afternoon projects thread

:rofl:

'K, so anyway. The power supply for my computer's LCD broke, so I fished an old one out of the garage that had a broken backlight. I took it apart, hung the LCD from my desk, and stuck a lightbulb behind it. :dah:

14khblx.jpg

xgl382.jpg

2s8fm1i.jpg

The light distribution is OK. The photo really exaggerates it, though. The little bar in the corner of the screen going to the wall is to stablize it. I don't want the cables being stressed too much. In the third pic, you can see the diffuser sheets.

Yeah. :dah:

Why not just fix the inverter!?

I fixed mine, only need like 3 caps cost a total of $4 shipped from digikey.

Here is my soldering glasses.

I found a pair of sunglasses with out the glasses so i puted 2 strong projector lenses
inside the housing and added 5 LED's conected to 2 AAA batteries.
cimg2483u.jpg

cimg2485.jpg

ShockSlayer said:
βeta said:
Those are ghetto as Heck.

Cool shades bro.

I think Nintendott is a pretty cool guy. Eh wears projectrors and doesnt afraid of anything.

SS

LOL. Yeah i look like a dumbass when i wear them. My eyes gets 3x larger than normal.

epicelite said:
Why not just fix the inverter!?

I fixed mine, only need like 3 caps cost a total of $4 shipped from digikey.
Too bad it's the transformers that were toasted and not the caps. :dah:

man do i love these forums :awesome:
so i got this £10 kit and made it in 2 and a half hours, had fun and did an excelent job soldering for an amature.
anyway it goes from 99 seconds down to 0 and you can change the time up or down and start it from anywhere, pretty cool i think :) but 24 LED's to faf with was VERY annoying :gonk:
anyway heres dsome pics and a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zwP7_NQeZI

oh yeah, i forgot to mention it takes a 9V battery =D

Dude. Get one of those little things you can voice record on, build the circuit in, then put in 99 seconds of "The Final Countdown".

It would be so amazing.

So I got two gearmotors off of snowpenguin, so I decided to make a tupperware bot. This project is used as an electronics learning experience for my son, so we're going from simple to less-simple.

I've called it the Totally Lame and Useless Bot, or Tlub.

This is the first stage, where we basically took a tupperware container and used it as the chassis, took the two gear motors and mounted them in the case, used a wire coat hanger to make the motor axles to keep them aligned with each other, and installed a switch in the top.

Next stage is to install some headlights. For no other reason than the total and utter uselessness of it.

We will eventually evolve this into a linebot.

dcp158.jpg

dcp159.jpg

I may or may not post a video of it running later; right now I have the wheels operating opposite of each other so we don't have to chase it all over of the place.

Back