the 04t-Sl-N64p worklog... yeah

I would at least use high temp hot glue... I really don't know the melting points of low temp, but it might be okay.

yeah... i remember somewere sombody said to use thermal paste right under the heat sync and then hot glue on the sides... i hope that stands true

I believe that was Bush. It should be okay, the sides don't get as hot as the center.

I just googled it and low heat hot glue melts at lowest of 80C which is around where the N64 shuts off from being too hot, so if you don't suffer from overheating, the low temp hot glue won't melt.

ok sweet, my problems solved! this weekend if i stop being all lazy and if i get time outside of midterm studying :sweat: .......... ill wire up the power supply and the multiplayer port (only stuff i have parts for so far)

I probably did say that, although I would suggest using wire over the top of the heatsink to secure it more.

ok so........ i built the main power supply (not battery, wallwart instead)

i found a 6.5v dc plug, and when i tested it , it came out with 7.4 v? whatever, i rigged it up, used a 2.2k resistor rather than 2k,,, and when i tested it, the regulator was pumping out 3.12v. can a n64 mobo run on that kinda power? its only .21v difference from the stock so i assume it will be ok, just dont want to fry a board trying it

It wont fry, but in my experience you need at least 3.2v. Go ahead and try, but if it doesnt work swap the wiring for thicker stuff.

If you give a N64 less voltage than it wants, It cant hurt anything, but it won't work until you give it the right amount of voltage.

Also, if your power supply says 6.5 volts, and it gives out 7.4, I might be because you aren't putting any load on it, so the voltage is higher. In other words, once you hook up an N64 to it, it might drop down to around 6.5 volts.

ah, alright :gonk: , thought i had it figured out. so i guess ill test it and see if it works (doubting) .

besides that, anybody know were to buy like a 7.5v power supply? or a poop cheap appliance that takes 7.5 v? ive seen them chargers at rat shack, but for like 30$, which is just like wtf. i mean i could use the stock power supply, but that is a bit blocky.

I hope you didn't buy that. It clearly states that it supplies 150mAh... That won't even power a 3.5" screen alone. Try 2Ah (2000mAh) or more.

hidiosoman said:
I hope you didn't buy that. It clearly states that it supplies 150mAh... That won't even power a 3.5" screen alone. Try 2Ah (2000mAh) or more.

i didnt.... luckily :sweat: . i was actually eyeing the mah when i was looking at it. but thank you! ill keep looking around for something

hidiosoman said:
I bought 4700mAh batteries that will power a portable n64 with a 3.5" screen for about 4 hours.

haha, i know what batterys to get, but thank you for the advice. im just looking for something to power my n64 if the batterys are dead/charging, without making the special charge and play circuit. so this would just be a suppliment for the stock power supply which is like the size of a brick.

Oh, sorry, I got confused and forgot we're talking about an external adapter... But B_M is smart with suggesting those. I am personally using the official Sony power brick. Right voltage, enough amps, and I have one laying around!

hidiosoman said:
Oh, sorry, I got confused and forgot we're talking about an external adapter... But B_M is smart with suggesting those. I am personally using the official Sony power brick. Right voltage, enough amps, and I have one laying around!
are you willing to part with it? :p

Not mAh, it's just mA. Amps are a measure of current draw, Amp-hours are a measure of capacity. I'm sick of people mixing them up, it's driving me nuts!

Back