the 04t-Sl-N64p worklog... yeah

JJWOLF said:
Im Pretty Sure those screens can take as little as 5v..........so you good there.

oh nice, then i just run the composite video to the composite video imput and then then split the hot/ground input and connect it to the hot/ground... sweet. Heck of alot cheaper then a ps0ne screen, thats for sure.
ToastBucket said:
04tm34l3 said:
hmmmm....... alright. just wana make sure i have room for everything

You have plenty of room with the new case. The 96p is a lot bigger than the ZN-45. the 46p (or whichever one I linked you) is about the same size.

alright sweet! i would have stabbed myself if i got a undersized case...

alright! just won a ebay bid for 2 mobos and 4 controllers! (it also came with ocarina of time :awesome: ) , so ill probably start working on this as soon as those come in.

as for screen mounting goes (i plan to use about a 3.5 [i posted some link a while back]) ... if i get a clear screen top with my polycase, can i just mount the screen underneath or would that give me wicked glare? otherwise i am very curious as to how i will keep all of this stuff in place...
(ill put the small stuff like 08080 and stuff wereever i can fit them) as by looking around i figured ill but the batteries on the bottem (hot glue? or tape? or like plastic bars screwed around it, i have little clue), mobo/controller mobo in middle probably (with some sort of shelf rack like thing), and screen on top with... (mabey like plastic bars underneath or something? i am thouroughly confused... plus im using the stock heat sync so i kinda need to keep the screen mobo not pressed against it...) cause the case im using is only like 2' deep... so this is the part that im kinda worried about... :cry4:

Wow, what auction was that? I've been looking for n64's on ebay for quite a while now, and I never saw that!

Jleemero sells N64s for around $7 each. You basically spent 5 times as much as necessary.

βeta said:
Jleemero sells N64s for around $7 each. You basically spent 5 times as much as necessary.

what the,are you kidding me.................................................... WHO THE Heck IS JLEEMERO.
my friend tryed to sell me his with one controller and donkey kong for 75, so i told him to lick me and i thought this was a good deal...

if you go to game x change the sell n64s without the exspansion pak for $30 and a n64 with the exspansion pak for $35 and a brand new exspansion pak costs $20
and they come with 2 controllers each :D

04tm34l3 said:
βeta said:

what the,are you kidding me.................................................... WHO THE Heck IS JLEEMERO.
my friend tryed to sell me his with one controller and donkey kong for 75, so i told him to lick me and i thought this was a good deal...

Jleemero is ONE OF THE ADMINISTRATION HERE
http://forums.modretro.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64

Hackerbilly said:
if you go to game x change the sell n64s without the exspansion pak for $30 and a n64 with the exspansion pak for $35 and a brand new exspansion pak costs $20
and they come with 2 controllers each :D
well by that standard i did good. cause by that i could get 2 systems for 60. (i got 2 systems AND ocarina AND goldeneye [wich i already have :cry4: ] and a gameboy player![im hoping i can use lsdj with this, but i doubt it] for 65, 78 w/ shipping)

βeta said:
04tm34l3 said:
βeta said:

Jleemero is ONE OF THE ADMINISTRATION HERE
http://forums.modretro.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64

but by this.... aw Dang. well... umm...........

well when i did see the maple esq character in a panda suit i did recognize who he was. i was just outraged at that time and could care if his name was jaloo or jalopoop

well my [*overpriced*] n64 lot just came in, straight from storage! Everythings moldy :awesome: , yet it all seems to work. Ill probably make a 8v powersupple/8080 regulator this weekend, and mabey even get to the controller. ill probably order the buttons, screen, and case this weekend, but ill have to wait on the batteries cause I'm a bit strapped to my cash.

As far as wiring the controller mobo... I do recall parts of it needing to soder to pins on some of the chips... would it be best to mabey cut/desodlerd the pin and pry it upward and then soder to it? or just a small bit of solder right on it... or what?

Also, I found my old Creative Zen http://static.skattertech.com/media/200 ... n-32gb.jpg
and when I opened it up, :ninj: , I found a 3.7v 550mah lipo! Its got all these warnings on it (about using with original charger and not modifiying and stuff) and its really REALLY REALLY small. I put it next to metroid ii and its about 1/2 the height, 3/4 the length, and 5/8 the width of a gameboy cart. I'm just wondering if its safe to use cause it would save me 20 dollhairs.

I'LL hopefully take some pics this weekend.

I believe that you would at LEAST need a little over an Amp at 7.4v to even get it to turn on...

I suggest to use the 5000mAh LiPos from Batteryspace.com
Buy two to have the volts go from 3.7 to 7.4
Plus they're really small for how many hours you get.

ah... yes. well my original plan was to buy 2 of those, but i guess i just got messed up with the 0's and stuff. oh well! thanks thou!

well... i decided to go back to the vga multiplayer port rather than the usb b cause.... well its cheaper, would save space, and I realized usb b isnt much smaller than the oriignial port.so... yeah. but i got some... *walks over and reads package* heat sync compound from ratshak, which i hope is the same as thermal paste. and on the back it says it adheres to metal but not plastic and poo, so could i just glop this on and it would stick around the edges of the cpu and ram but not the top?

04tm34l3 said:
ah... yes. well my original plan was to buy 2 of those, but i guess i just got messed up with the 0's and stuff. oh well! thanks thou!

You would need two 3.7v cells no matter what to get 7.4v. And even with two, it's still 550mAh. When you put two 3.7v batteries together, you are going to wire them in series to add the volts. This makes it 7.4v. However, it's still 550mAh.

Buy two of these http://www.batteryspace.com/polymerli-i ... isted.aspx . Wire them in series to a 7.4v PCB and go with VGA, USB is stupid.

Also, heatsinks and the compound go on the TOP of the CPU, RAM, and RCP. Not the sides. Also, just put enough to fill the gap between the heatsink and the chip, it's only meant to keep air bubbles out.

hidiosoman said:
Buy two of these http://www.batteryspace.com/polymerli-i ... isted.aspx . Wire them in series to a 7.4v PCB and go with VGA, USB is stupid.

i was actually planning on using those :awesome: .

yeah, i figured cause vga is always the best. btw know were to buy a dual female vga cable? cause i got 2 male ports from ratshak for dis.

and ill hold down the syncs with hot glue on the sides of the chips, it shouldnt get too hot to melt the glue stuff stuff on the sides right?

toasty m' boy suggested these to me http://cgi.ebay.com/RAM-VGA-RHS-03-Copp ... 2713wt_813

im not really a epoxy guy... so ill just stick with hot glue. oh well... well mabey ill just buy a single female adaptor for the box or ill just make a cable

Back