Testing ads

Yes, I should be able to get it working. PHPBB is not as simple as some nice, basic web page where you can just move everything around willy nilly, though. :dah:

Especially not Subsilver2.

FRIGGIN TABLES EVERYWHERE
emot-argh.gif

Donations remove advertisements?... ;)
Just a little suggestion, you know... Because everyone knows how much fun it is to create a new usergroup. :)

I don't like the current location of the ad, just btw. Feels like it's the biggest part of the forum or something, and it's too close to the text. Right alignment and a break after it would make it look much better.

Agreed, but like Bic says, placement is hard. :p

As for the donations thing... I have floated the idea of a "premium member" option, with no ads, maybe some other stuff, but the reaction has always been negative. You can always just use Adblock, and feel good about yourself for donating. :awesome:

I am still working on placement, but Jelly is out of town, so it is all up to me.

Ads are disgusting, and I keep accidentally clicking the blank space next to the ad when using the scroll feature on my browser and it's getting annoying.

SS

I'm actually not sure why Palmer made the ad a table background on a table that is much larger than the image, and is all a link.

Back