Suggestions on a good MP3 Player?

I don't see how one could have that much music unless it's raw WAV files.

In any case, I have a cheap phone and can't afford anything better. No way I can get a data plan either. I did use my DS as a ghetto MP3 player for a while, but a real MP3 player is better. The DS was big and not very loud.

XCVG said:
I don't see how one could have that much music unless it's raw WAV files
You would be surprised. I think my music library is around 400 gigs. I try for Flac and ogg, but I have mostly Mp3 (320kbps and higher, unless Im unlucky). I just have a lot of songs.

I've got a few hundred gigs of music, all ripped to 320k/sec MP3s. The secondhand stores around here sell CDs for $2 apiece, and it's not like they wear out unless they're grossly mishandled, so if you get 3 good songs on a disc you're ahead of the game. :awesome:

The Sansa Fuze came in a couple versions as well. Older ones can easily run Rockbox, but they were still porting to the newer ones last time I checked.

quick note: the one I'm selling, when I find the Dang thing, is an early V2 or something like that. Last I checked, Rockbox works, but they don't officially say it will work no problem. I haven't done it, though.

I could never amass that much music. I simply couldn't listen to that much, and don't know what to look for. Most of my music is crap quality .flv rips and 128kbps MP3s. I'm too lazy to find anything better or re-rip the stuff I've already done. I ripped some in 32kbps WMA because I didn't know better and had a 64MB MP3 player. I'll re-rip it eventually. I'm too cheap to buy decent earbuds or headphones so I probably couldn't notice the difference anyway.

I really like the idea of the Sansa models detected as mass storage on a computer, because I don't need any extra software to transfer media over to it, and I can use it as mass storage, too. Until Tim finds his Fuze, I'm gonna still scout out some other players.

I have a small Sansa. I didn't have an MP3 player and my uncle got it for me along with a Microsoft backpack. I like it a lot, actually. The charging/data transfer port is the same as the iPod's, so you can use it in any iPod station. Atleast with the model I have. It's nice.

zeturi said:
I really like the idea of the Sansa models detected as mass storage on a computer, because I don't need any extra software to transfer media over to it, and I can use it as mass storage, too. Until Tim finds his Fuze, I'm gonna still scout out some other players.
If you find a better deal, don't feel obligated to buy my fuze. I'm STILL looking after tearing through everything I have twice, and now I'm sitting here feeling like a fool. I'll let you know if I find it, and I would appreciate you letting me know if you go for something else. *keeps looking* Seriously, this thing was on my freaking desk two weeks ago, wtf.

I had a Sansa once. It was good. My brother still has one. It's still good. And that means something.

He lands on it often, cause he uses it when he skateboards.

Still works perfectly fine.

I use GSplayer on my Dell Axim x51v for my music needs. And it has an SDHC card slot and a CF card slot, plus some internal memory too.

SS

If it has an iPod dock port, then it isn't a Sansa. Sounds like some weird Chinese knockoff flax. I'm kind of curious now, actually. Looks like a Sansa but iPod compatible, hmm...

Hermaphroditus said:
Ah, I was slightly mistaken. It is the same type of connector, but the wiring is different. It's close, though.
very important to note. Do not plug a sansa into an ipod plug. I had an FM transmitter that had an ipod plug (it said made for sansa, but apparently its level of support was audio cable + USB charging). Thinking it was a sansa cable, I plugged in my sansa and the screen became quite bright and the colors saturated. And it stayed that way. basically busted the colors on the screen and I had to send it back for a new one.

Back