Stickies

robm

Billy Mays
Staff member
You all may have noticed that Beta and I have been doing massive sticky-makins. If you see any portables/links that we have missed, please PM one of us! We'd be glad to get it fixed.

The format of the mega-stickies is as follows:

They are a locked, stickied thread. The first post in the thread contains useful information posts, such as guides, how-tos, articles, etc. The second post contains links to completed projects on ModRetro.

Except many of them be empty-ish. SO GET TO POSTIN'! Of course eventually my Clear64 will be complete, I'v eonly fried four N64s so far. :rolleyes:

Lol, the N64 must fry a lot. I even put my bare NES on the carpet overnight, and it didn't do anything.

Eventually my NESp will be up there some day...

The N64 seems to fry a lot, but it's a misconception that it's ESD sensitive. It usually gets fried by a bad relocation, bad wiring (usually dumping too much voltage on the 3.3V line), or bits of conductive stuff getting stuck between pins. I've fried one so far and I've been A LOT more careful with this one. That said, I have an extra.

Also, love the stickies, but we should have a stickied general discussion thread for each forum, since the mega sticky is locked.

ESD does get blamed for a lot of fried electronics, but in reality, it's pretty rare (at least in my experience.) I've been dealing with electronics for over 20 years and have never fried a single piece of hardware from ESD.

I'm not sure it would be necessary to have an entire thread dedicated to the discussion of the stickies; if there's a problem, missing link etc, I would figure a PM to either Beta or myself would be sufficient.

Discuss?

Just noticed something. WIP portables should be in the sticky, even if they have been abandoned. That way we can easily navigate to worklogs buried under months of other threads.

Searched a bit more, and noticed the computer section has no sticky. Kind of unfair, even the "other" section has one.

Make it fair.

Back