Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't give Jobs much credit for the technological advancements. That's what he had engineers for. Woz did all the heavy lifting on the Apple I and II, Jef Raskin originated the Macintosh concept. There's a handful of developers whose names are all over the early versions of the Mac OS who had much more to do with it than Steve, who was mostly a figurehead.

What I do give him credit for is amazing marketing savvy. There's a reason he was said to possess a 'reality distortion field'. He could tell you your idea is flax to your face on Monday, then pitch it back to you as though it's the greatest idea in the world on Wednesday. He wasn't afraid to put all his chips in one basket if it might possibly be the next big thing. (After all, "what would normal everyday people want to do with computers?") That plan caused some chaotic in-fighting between the Lisa, Mac, Apple II, and Apple III teams in the early 80s, though. His management system wasn't without faults, but I bet the man could convince you to buy your own food scraps back from him.

mymixed said:
mymixed said:
In reality, they both succeeded very well in life. I have ultimate respect for both of them.

Apparently not, because it took about three posts of you bashing Billy Mays to say "OH DURR NEVERMIND I JUST KIDDING GUYS." There is no excuse to disrespect the dead, especially when someone like Mays probably accomplished more in life than you ever will.

okayguy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back