Somone slit my dad's tires.

ttsgeb

Breaker of Everything
Staff member
So, someone slit my dad's tires unprovoked... We already called the cops... but what do we do to prevent it happening again?

Not much you can do really. If you have a garage, you can park the car there, but I'm guessing you don't if someone already slit his tires. You can also set up some cameras, or even some fake cameras out in plain sight to prevent it from happening again.

J.D said:
ttsgeb said:
...but what do we do to prevent it happening again?
Get a garage.
:trollface:

1. Get night vision goggles and hunting rifle
2. Cut a hole in your roof
3. Chill in you attic
4. ????
5. BOOM, HEADSHOT!

You probably shouldn't do that, unless you replace the hunting rifle with a paintball gun.

Is there anyone your family has made mad recently?

Just stupid kids looking for some laughs I guess.

Build a garage and fill the new tires with tear gas.

We have the whole isssue of it's a two car garage with a broken motor, and half of it is filled with tupperware and lawn equipment. Anyone want to buy a truckload of tupperware for $2000?

I thought up of a defense system against small animals but it may apply to your situation as well. 2 watt DPSS laser if that's all you can get- a >50W CO2 laser is better. Mount that on a turret controller by an Arduino or spare PC. Motion sensors and an IR camera can be used to track the target.

Fill up the tires with mustard gas or something else extremely deadly. Just keep a gas mask in the car in case you blow a tire. I honestly hate people who slash tires enough that I would do this and not feel the least bit bad about it if they slashed them and died.

The truck was vandalized again. I'm setting up a live webcam/surveylance system to watch the truck overnight.

Some cuntbag poured like *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing beans and rice on it. WTF.

We already talked to them about it. As I was washing *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing bean&rice flax off of my dad's truck in flipflops and jeans at 3 am in the cold. *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ers.

edit: *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ers refers to the people that did it, not the police. At least in this case...

What kind of truck? Could be some greenpeace psychos or brand fanboys. Has anyone else been targeted? Anyone near you have a similar truck (brand, lifted/lowered)? That could help you figure out if they're just out to get you or if they're out to get the truck.
Webcam performance in dark=dog poop. If you don't have any obligations like school or work tomorrow, pull an all-nighter and watch for the scumbags yourself. Then call the cops with their descriptions, and maybe follow them (only do this if you can for sure outrun/fight them, especially if there's more than one).

IR mod your webcam and set up a bunch of IR LED lights. Problem solved!

Basement_Modder said:
Fill up the tires with mustard gas or something else extremely deadly. Just keep a gas mask in the car in case you blow a tire. I honestly hate people who slash tires enough that I would do this and not feel the least bit bad about it if they slashed them and died.

That would kill the perpetrator, but it wouldn't actually prevent people from slashing the tires.

Two 2000 era Chevrolet Silverado's have been hit in the neighborhood, both with the same 6 lug pattern on the tires. I highly doubt it's some punk activist, seeing as my '91 silverado with a 5 lug pattern, a longbed 12 cylinder Dodge Ram, a Chevy yukon that's raised and has straight pipes, and a GMC Sierra 3500 with a 7 lug pattern are on the same street, and have not been hit. Yet.

Also, IR flashlight is the plan.

I love bic's idea.

Let them do it for a third time.
Follow them home.

Now you know where they live and can gets you some justice, or you could just slash their tires, mess up their flax, etc.

SS

Do you have locking lug nuts? They might be trying to steal the wheels, and slashing the tires for a consolation thrill when they can't.

e: VVVVVV [insert joke about south-of-the-border 2Fast2Furious Civics here]

No locking lugs. We think that they are getting us to replace the tires, and then steal them. But the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing rice and beans stuff makes absolutely no sense.

Alternate Plan: It's a residential road, and my dad parks in the street. The vandals are likely vehicle based. SO: The guy across the street, who has been hit before, and we sit in our trucks all night, him with his handgun, and me with a shotgun. We wait it out, and if someone comes by and stops in the street, we pull out of the driveways, blocking them in, and making a citizens arrest. If they pull out guns, we shoot. If they run, we have their car. If they try to drive away, I ram them with my beat up silverado. I've always wanted to be in a demo dirby.

This would also give us time to get a license plate number, and if we get the car, fingerprints. Thus allowing for ID of the people.

Back