SNESp on hold

A

Anonymous

Ok, well I started doing this SNESp, but I actually left my moms Macbook pro out, and a picture fell on it. So now the LCD is cracked. FML. Anyway, it is supposed to be 1400$ to fix, and I need to pay it all (FML again)

So now if pissed as Heck, and my SNESp is not on hold. :(

APPLE WANTS 1400$ for it :gonk: , even with that stupid "applecare" so I told them they could go to Heck. :awesome:

Maybe not the best move at the time, but it was still fun. :dahroll:

And it turns out it was a good move, instead of paying 1400$ for a peice of crap screen, I am paying 350$ shipped and repaired to this guy.

http://www.iresq.com/portables/detail.php?prodID=P708-G2

And the screen is glossy, NOW WITH A 1 YEAR WARRANTY (so if I crack the screen, 1 for free, but 2 is gonna cost me)

Maybe my mom will pay some for a new GLOSSy screen. :lol:

YAY

Glossy sucks, DNT. That is a bad thing.

You can buy a new 1920x1200 LCD and install it in the macbook pro for 100 dollars, and do it yourself. Easy.

No blogging.

Isn't whether glossy screens suck or not entirely a matter of opinion? Personally, I prefer glossy screens to matte.

And holy crap, they wanted $1400 to repair the MacBook? What the Heck is preventing you from just buing a new one at that price?

...oh, yeah, it's Apple. Makes sense now.

YAY canada rules, cept for the fact im on an Island... so we don't have a lot of access unless I go to victoria or vancouver

Anyone wanna guess where I live in Canada, it's in BC.

@Zeturi, whats DNT

@bibin, my mom says no DIYs for this one, she wants it to not look like crap :wtf: , I told here I was offended

@Grossaffe, I live nearer to the Canucks, but im not in Vancouver, I perfer the Canadian (my hometown guys, but I don't live there now.)

Where do i live, that is the question?

EDIT: my mom says she might be able to get it fixed for 100-200$, I call BS on her.

Buy a Macbook Pro HD screen off eBay for cheap and install it yourself, you'll be happy you did that.

PS: Glossy screens > Matte Screens IMO

QuickSkope said:
YAY canada rules, cept for the fact im on an Island... so we don't have a lot of access unless I go to victoria or vancouver

@Grossaffe, I live nearer to the Canucks, but im not in Vancouver, I perfer the Canadian (my hometown guys, but I don't live there now.)

Where do i live, that is the question?
You are the first Canadian on here to actually like hockey. Its aboot time. :banstick:

My only knowledge of Canadian geography relates to hockey, and even then its pretty poor. So I'll just go ahead and guess Quebec.

Harshboy said:
Buy a Macbook Pro HD screen off eBay for cheap and install it yourself, you'll be happy you did that.

PS: Glossy screens > Matte Screens IMO

I just suggested this to him.

Also, glossy == oversaturation, harsh reflections, smudges as far as it concerns me.

QuickSkope said:

BC is on the other side of canada compared to quebec. IM in Nanaimo.

QuickSkope said:
QuickSkope said:

BC is on the other side of canada compared to quebec. IM in Nanaimo.
never even heard of Nanaimo. Do Eskimos live there?

No, just natives, but im not native, Im white.

Also, Again , I think for the like 3rd time, I cannot DIY because my mom doesn't want it to look like crap :wtf: .

Also, im not doing Glossy, it will be Matte.

The unibody is only glossy. A matte LCD will still end up glossy due to the expensive glass cover.

well, I cracked the glass cover
And it's only 300$ to replace.

Don't worry about it, Quickskope. There was another member with a very similar avatar to yours a few months back who liked to cause problems, and bagged milk. Thankfully, he is gone and you are not him returning.

cool, well it might not be on hold after all, I just need to get the part, il just withdraw about 400$ dollars or so tomorrow from my 3500$ savings (all mine) and it will all be ok,

Nevermind, my brothers have to pay to, il withdraw about 200$. Cool, yay. :awesome:

Back