screen question. gcp

hmmm. well iguess i jst gotta buy a screen, just unemployed at the moment. i see you like ps1 screens, can i get better quality cause i was gonna do rgb instead of compsite. as you can tell i am new, but not a novice

Cheesie_wonton said:
hmmm. well iguess i jst gotta buy a screen, just unemployed at the moment. i see you like ps1 screens, can i get better quality cause i was gonna do rgb instead of compsite. as you can tell i am new, but not a novice

A better quality 5" screen? No not really. The Psone is about the best quality 5" for the price.

DOL-001 Gamecubes will output a component signal. Not sure if that is still technically RGB but component is good quality.

You would need a PAL PS1 screen (someone check me on that), a DOL-001 GC, and a component cable (going for $40-80 these days).

Cheesie_wonton, if you are serious about making a portable Gamecube, I would strongly recommend that you spend a few weeks reading and observing the posts of others on THIS site and on "Benheck.com". Also, the "search" function at the top of the webpage is a beautiful thing, use it ;)

Feel free to PM me if you need some advice.

Component/=RGB

With an early model GC you can get component out, but it you need a rare expensive cable. The cable can be hacked for RGB and VGA but it's a pain and you need the cable. Any PSone screen will take RGB or composite video.

A PAL GameCube outputs RGB but not s-video. An NTSC GameCube outputs s-video but not RGB. Both output composite video.

XCVG said:
Component/=RGB

With an early model GC you can get component out, but it you need a rare expensive cable. The cable can be hacked for RGB and VGA but it's a pain and you need the cable. Any PSone screen will take RGB or composite video.

A PAL GameCube outputs RGB but not s-video. An NTSC GameCube outputs s-video but not RGB. Both output composite video.

But just to clarify, NTSC Gamecube can output component and only RGB with the cable hack. Question: is the hacked RGB signal significantly better than the normal component signal from the Gamecube??

Tchay said:
But just to clarify, NTSC Gamecube can output component and only RGB with the cable hack. Question: is the hacked RGB signal significantly better than the normal component signal from the Gamecube??

Yes you need the cable for either.

Depends , on a 5" screen... No. On a 42" screen ... Yes :)

hailrazer said:
Tchay said:

Yes you need the cable for either.

Depends , on a 5" screen... No. On a 42" screen ... Yes :)

:dah: Ima go make a big portable right nowz!

RGB is probably gonna look better at standard def, but you can go progressive scan with Component. Don't quote me on this but it can be hacked to output VGA IIRC.

Back